The Electro-Mechanical Designer III will assist engineeringin taking design inputs from concept to final design and offer innovative solutions with knowledge of common manufacturing processes. In addition, you'll create, organize and maintain full project document packages including assembly drawings schematics, bills of materials, test procedures, fabrication drawings and ECOs. This is a mid-level position that utilizes Electrical CAD packages that can consist of AutoCad Electrical, OrCAD, Altium, or Eagle PCB.
- Designs complex components or tooling, subsystems and concept designs.
- Create and maintain electrical schematics and wire harness drawings.
- Produces and modifies complex 3D models/assemblies and details complicated component and assembly drawings using Electrical CAD Software.
- Prepares layouts of complex equipment incorporating new designs or design modifications.
- Consistently looks for simplifying designs and assemblies, reduces costs through part design or process improvements, and standardization of components.
- Reviews dimensional inspection of parts and approves parts for production.
- Manages tasks to ensure successful completion of designs.
- Conducts technical design and drawing reviews as required.
- Reviews complex models and prints for proper use of modeling techniques and design standards.
- Ensures the New Product Development process is being followed at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Strong visual acuity and design techniques to produce complete and workable 3D layouts for new designs
- Ability to calculate dimensions and specify allowances and tolerances in accord with standard practices
- Proficient in math, including trigonometry with a thorough understanding of geometric tolerancing and gauging
- Ability to provide input and assist in planning design timelines and project schedules, and effectively plan work to meet schedules
- Broad knowledge of the physical properties of materials and property enhancers and the relative cost of materials
- Broad understanding of standards and applications in an engineering environment
- Working knowledge of most manufacturing processes and assembly techniques
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of five years Mechanical Design experience
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Domestic and/or international travel as required up to 10%
Briggs & Stratton, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, provides innovative products and diverse power solutions to help people get work done. Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest producer of engines for outdoor power equipment, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lithium-ion battery, standby generator, energy storage system, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Vanguard, Ferris, Simplicity, Snapper, Billy Goat, Allmand, SimpliPhi, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in more than 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.