A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
FULLY REMOTE Opportunity for the right candidate in AZ, CA, OR, WA, NV, UT or CO.
The Sales Account Manager I - Inside - Food Ingredients, is responsible for building Univar business partnerships and growing sales of existing Univar customers by gaining understanding of all aspects of the customer's business and utilizing Univar sales processes to uncover and close new business opportunities. This position requires effective territory management and business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates.
* Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com.
* Ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals.
* Strong business acumen, including an understanding of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services.
* Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections to close a sale.
* Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling.
Bachelors' degree or 2+ years of sales experience.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.