A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
The Inside Sales AccountManageris responsible for building UnivarSolutionsbusiness partnerships andexpanding the portfolio of products and services provided to existing UnivarSolutionscustomers by gaininganunderstanding ofall aspects ofthecustomer's business. The Inside Sales Account Manager willutilizeUnivarSolutionssales processes to uncover and close new business opportunitiesto meet their financial goal.This position willrequireeffective territory management and business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography.
Whileallsales calls are done over the phone, WebEx,or video chat,this is an account executive level sales role, not a support role, and requires a driven self-starter attitude and the ability to work autonomously.
As an Inside Sales Account Manager, you will:
- Use accepted Univar SolutionsAccount Managementprocessesandconductcalls via telephone, WebEx or video chattoachieve a financial target.
- Establish and developcustomer relationships by evaluating needs and opportunities withincustomer accounts and negotiatetoeffectively gain customer commitment.
- Developand implementbusiness plansto achievefinancialgoals and objectives.
- Maintainand expandknowledge of products, services, competitive activities, and other general information of interest to customers.
- Collaborate with otherAccount Managerteam members to share best practices and drive account growth.
- Document all account activity in the CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- Perform other related duties as required or requested.
Qualifications Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree from fully accredited four-year institution preferred ora minimum of2+ years ofhigh performing insidesales experience
- Experiencein the relationship management ofassigned accountsthrough the development of business partnerships at all levels of the customer's organization including the Executive Team, Operations, R&D, and Purchasing
- Demonstrates the ability tostrategicallyplan for territorygrowth,includingthe effective completion ofsales callsfor new growth within existingaccounts while protectingthe current customerproducts / service provided by Univar Solutions.
- Proven performance in the identification ofcompetitor share and developmental opportunities withinassigned customerterritory, andability toprioritize and take action to reach financial targets.
- Experiencenegotiating and closinglarge, complexopportunitiesas well as meetingthe immediate product and service needs of customers.
- Strategicbusiness acumen,withthe ability to understand thebusiness relationship between manufacturers, distributors, and end-users ofchemicals/ingredient products
- Exceptional Discovery andNegotiation skills that allows Univar Solutions to generate theappropriate value for productsand services provided to customers.
- Strongcommunication skills (written, verbal, listening, presentation)
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.