At ChemPoint, the success of our unique operations process depends on continuously strengthening our business relationships. The Software Development Manager - Ecommerce manages the application development team. You will act as an ambassador for all Technology related strategic priorities and communicate the vision to the department. You will provide expertise and guidance related to application functionality, design, and integration which includes evaluation of application development practices and creation of development standards, policies, and procedures.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
- Collaborates closely with key stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements, with the goal of streamlining business processes, adding efficiencies, implementing best practices, adding and improving cost controls and maximizing profits.
- Creates strategic plans for key initiatives; includes idea framing and roadmap development
- Participates in the creation, modification, and implementation of SDLC processes and procedures that minimize the occurrence of application defects.
- Provides expertise and guidance related to application functionality, design and integration which includes evaluation of application development practices and creation of development standards, policies, and procedures.
- Supports the team as a liaison for cross-functional initiatives and projects.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree with a technical emphasis from fully accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience is required.
- 7 - 10 years relevant IT or business/industry work experience is required.
- 5+ years managing software development and maintenance teams.
- 7+ hands-on professional experience with Cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure or AWS or similar technologies with hands on experience for 3-5 years
- Certification in ITIL or similar IT management frameworks preferred.
- Experience working, managing applications in Magento platform with multiple stores, multiple regions.
- Experience and exposure to integrating with platforms like CRM, ERP and content management systems.
- Experience building and managing product sites, marketing sites.
- Benefits start first day of hire
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) provides unlimited vacation
- Amazing company culture, laid back office environments and work from home flexibility
- Ongoing training from management
- Opportunities for raises/promotions
- Career progression
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.