Clarios creates the most advanced battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. We are a global leader in energy storage solutions, powering one in three vehicles around the globe. We partner with our customers to develop smarter solutions that make peoples' lives better.
At Clarios we host a dynamic summer internship program, and we are looking for our next group of talented interns to join our EHS Team. As an EHS intern, you will participate in our fully paid program designed to provide you with hands-on practical business experience. Our team values the fresh ideas and innovating thinking our interns bring to the table.
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to work for an industry leader designed to motivate, challenge and prepare you for your career?
At Clarios, our interns will:
- Apply their educational experience to solve actual real-world business problems
- Obtain exposure to industry leaders
- Learn directly from functional experts by having weekly 1:1 mentoring conversations related to career development
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of specific team and department initiatives and goal
- Develop and expand functional, technical and soft skills
- Learn about Clarios' broad portfolio of products and services through field experience
- Travel to Clarios manufacturing plants to provide perspective into production and operations
- Attend customized trainings and additional workshops focused on career development and networking
- Collaborate with peers and present findings at the conclusion of the internship to the Clarios executive leadership team
In your role as an EHS intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with plant and regional EHS leaders to conduct risk assessments and work with our Core Team to finalize format and integration into our system. This includes learning risk assessment mentality and learning/conducting risk assessments at our plants in the US.
- Collaborate with EHS Regional team on risk reduction projects in our fully integrated plants in the US.
- Help implement best practices for all high-risk tasks in Toledo for rollout in the US.
- Create compliance inspection programs to create standardization.
- Work with sites to improve lockout procedures.
- Work with the site EHS Leader on implementation of corporate projects and policies.
- Work with EHS Leads to create and comply with monthly reporting requirements.
- Help deliver risk reduction best practices to all fully integrated plants.
- Ensure SDSs are accurate and captured in 3E system for Toledo. This includes conducting chemical inventories as appropriate. Upon completion, conduct look-across with other like plants.
What We Look For:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Excellent communication & organization skills
- Self -Motivated with a desire to learn
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple tasks
- Summer Internship June through August
- 24-40 hours per week
- Onsite with 20% travel to sites with Regional leadership
Who we are
Clarios is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please email Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com.
Clarios is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.