***$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS***
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region.
RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation. In 2020, RHOW became CARF accredited.
Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
This position includes a weekend rotation and hours aer 0630-1900,
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months’ Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.