Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and expand relationships with current and prospective customers using multiple techniques including regular sales calls, cold-calling, industry networking, customer recommendations, etc. to drive aggressive closure of all available opportunities.
- Every action should be taken to close deals, secure contracts, drive sales growth, and generate revenue.
- Develop and deliver sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services in an effective & professional manner.
- Make presentations to OEMs, users, suppliers, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations, product demonstrations, workshops, and lunch & learns.
- Call on and, when necessary, entertain Engineers, Contractors, and Industrial Clients to facilitate better customer relationships and help promote ongoing business partnerships.
- Be strategic, organized, and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your sales territory including, but not limited to:
- Planning sales calls to achieve maximum customer face time each day.
- Use of LinkedIn and other social networks to track current and potential customers, network with potential and existing customer contacts, and perform new customer research.
- Develop strategic plans and accurate forecasts for sales territory and assigned accounts using previous sales, industry, and market data.
- Provide outstanding customer service and respond to any & all customer needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintain sales records, pipeline reporting, and generate relevant sales and market reports on a quarterly, annual, and as needed basis.
- Actively participate in weekly, quarterly, and annual sales meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of the industries served and the products & services offered.
- Track industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Self-motivated & aggressive in sales tactics and strategies; desire to close sales on every customer call.
- Strong technical/industry knowledge to build upon.
- Strong Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office, namely Outlook, Word, & Excel).
- Previous experience with Prophet21 (P21) highly desired.
- Excellent internal & external communication, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Able to tackle multiple projects while being organized, detail, and deadline oriented.
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees within the organization, as well as customers & vendors.
- Ability to focus on company expectations while continuously striving for improvement and territory growth.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Outside Sales/Account Manager/Territory Manager role within the industrial marketplace required.
- Modern, multi-function office environment; significant daily travel involved including customer calls, visiting customer sites, attending trade shows, industry events, and networking events.
- Normal working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday; Additional hours as needed based on customer needs.
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, isa leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389to let us know the nature of your request.