Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Site Supervisor (1st Shift)
Environmental, Health & Safety
* Responsible for the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical operations of assigned branch, including transportation (logistics), warehouse and tank farm.
* Facilitates compliance to corporate health, safety, and environmental affairs policies, including completion of all required training, documentation and record keeping.
* Supports sales efforts consistent with corporate and regulatory compliance, health, safety and environmental affairs standards.
* Supports branch health and safety program and conducts safety audits in conjunction with Branch Operations Manager.
* Assists Branch Operations Manager with conducting timely and detailed incident investigations and communicates root causes and recommends corrective and preventives measures.
* Regularly updates upper management on branch performance, including cost and productivity opportunities and issues, and branch or industry related trends.
* Conducts daily pre-shift meetings, communicates expectations to employees and maintains a supervisory presence throughout the branch.
* Coordinates day-to-day work activities to ensure operational goals and objectives are met.
* Ensures all employees have the required tools and training on matters related to safety, operation standards and department goals.
* Creates a positive work environment and fosters employee ownership of branch operations and performance.
* May oversee the completion of drug testing and medical surveillance as required.
* General office work, email communications and correspondence with internal and external customers.
* Supports inspections and paperwork associated with hazardous waste generation and waste pickup transport.
* Participates in inspections from outside agencies (DOT,EPA,FDA,DHS).
Sales Support/Customer Service
* Supports Branch Operations Manager with maintaining budget and operating plans to achieve branch goals.
* Responsible for meeting customer requirements and fulfilling orders in a cost effective manner using appropriate risk management and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Partners with appropriate departments to resolve product quality issues in an efficient and timely manner.
* Responsible for cycle counts and physical inventory; including quarantined material.
* Supervises daily operations, including repack & transportation functions in inventory management system
* Facility Maintenance. Process Improvement. Performs other related duties as required or requested.
* Supervisory Leadership; proven ability to communicate with, support, and motivate employees to achieve operational objectives
* Analytical; ability to track, record and report department production
* Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel and Word
* High level of decision-making ability; balancing customersneeds and company objectives
* Strong organization skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
* Knowledge of cGMP requirements as it pertains to FDARP as applicable to the facility
* Knowledgeable in all aspects of chemical distribution
* Ability to operate all warehouse equipment
* Ability to respond to emergency response situations
* Some branches may require HazMat certification or Hazwoper Certification.
* High School Diploma/GED required
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years operations experience
* Knowledge of chemical distribution facility operation preferred
* Working knowledge of governmental requirements related to the chemical industry; i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc. preferred or demonstrated ability to attain such knowledge
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits toemployees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.