The IT Telephony Manager is responsible for the daily operational support and provisioning of CDW voice platforms. Responsibilities also include management and training of staff and ensuring that all platforms are designed, provisioned, and maintained in a reliable and efficient manner and in accordance with CDW's internal and external service level agreements. This role also analyzes the needs of CDW departments and groups and establishes the plans and priorities to develop new or modify existing services, software and hardware.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain telephony system integrity and performance by ensuring the design and configuration meet the needs of the entire enterprise.
- Negotiates and procures hardware and software from multiple vendors for new implementations and upgrades.
- Coordinate management of all telephone systems, directing the efforts of the telephony team, supporting system infrastructure and planning improvements and upgrades as necessary.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Provide technical and project leadership, systems expansions that scale as needed, upgrades and validation of computer hardware and software ensuring the most effective use of equipment and human resources.
- Provide insight into technical designs to ensure solutions developed are consistent with strategic business plans.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Develop training programs and provide growth paths. Foster positive employee relations.
- Develop and foster a team atmosphere that exhibits teamwork within the department and with other departments.
- Develop and manage to a plan that promotes a sense of urgency throughout the team when working on projects or tasks with other departments and with our external customers.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to determine the network system requirements, develop a plan and effectively execute the plan of the technical support projects.
- In conjunction with the Architecture team, manage the deployment of new technologies and provide direction and supervision of the technical support staff.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 7 years' experience as a member of a telecom team responsible for a large-scale environment.
- Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring others
- Advanced understanding of telecom technologies and administration, Telco configuration and vendor management.
- Must have extensive experience in Call Center environment.
- Practical hands-on experience with configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of other technologies and software applications.
- Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, with the ability to deploy and troubleshoot TCP/IP within a network environment.
- Proven troubleshooting and resolution skills, creative problem-solving and multitasking abilities.
- Possess strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the company.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Maintain a high level of dependability and sense of responsibility.
- Prior experience directly managing a team of coworkers
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
CDW is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.