Location: Remote Wisconsin
Job ID: 14004
The Aftermarket Technical Sales role (State of Wisconsin area strongly preferred) is accountable for consistent and sustainable sales growth; engaging SKF Authorized Distributors, Channel Partners and End Users with a focus deepening and expanding the customer relationship.
In this position you will be reporting to a Regional Sales Director, this highly technical role is responsible securing SKF's position with customers on new products and applications, executing a flawless customer experience and will function as the primary technical resource for distributor and end-users in a defined sales area. The company Job Title is: Aftermarket Technical Sales
- Provide sales support while enhancing the customer experience.
- Manage daily engagement of SKF Authorized Distributors, Channel Partners and end-users.
- Driving sales growth through product expansion, REP business, relationship building and flawless customer experience.
- Become fully proficient in providing technical support surrounding basic/intermediate level questions.
- Be Recognized and motivated as the preferred technical partner for distributors and end-user customers in a defined sales area.
- Employ Sales Excellence process in offer development and insight presentations to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Successfully manage end customers with opportunity-based sales plan designed to protect existing businesses, expand product sales, and drive REP business
- Deliver consistent year-over-year sustainable profit growth within the assigned portfolio of business.
- Build consultative and collaborative approach with customers, their sales teams and engineers.
- Develop an understanding of customer requirements, assess equipment needs, and determine system requirements.
- Provide strong technical support to distributor and end-user accounts.
- Rely on Application Engineers for higher-level, SME support.
- Proactively perform application reviews for new opportunities to discover and recommend the optimum SKF solution.
- Troubleshoot existing applications, perform visual analysis as part of an RCFA and define upgrade options.
- Assess competitive share-shift opportunities and define/promote an SKF alternative.
- Effective and strong business management practices.
- Proactively document sales opportunities in C4C based sales funnel that align with SKF defined strategies of product expansion, REP offers and existing customer account management.
- Actively manage C4C sales funnel for growth and retention opportunities with potential to grow the business.
- Maintain and establish technical contacts to generate opportunities in the defined sales area.
- Develops and execute cross-functional go-to-market (GTM) strategy with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer account management practices.
- Plan and modify products to meet customer needs.
- Secure growth and retention orders; ensure timely delivery.
- Perform competitor product interchanges for catalog items.
- Provide training and hands-on demonstrations of bearings, seals, and maintenance products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience.
- Strong commercial and technical/mechanical aptitude.
- General industry knowledge with strong ability to communicate technical details.
- Knowledge of lubrication methods and practices including performing assessments and providing recommendations
- Knowledge of bearing failures and causes; providing hands-on failure analysis and recommendations
- Strong situational awareness; adept at managing complex organizations and situations
- Effectively utilize SKF technology/tools - C4C, Illuminate, Microsoft Suite, PTPlace, DeliveryData.net, SKFiOS, Android Applications and Coresus
- Proficient knowledge in sales plan development/execution, funnel management, external/internal customer follow up
- Strong knowledge of distributor management - profit and loss statements, margin and mark ups, competitive rebates, returns, shipping and logistics, terms and conditions, digital transactions (EDI, PTPlace, portals, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel 40-50% of the time domestically
- Ability to answer technical questions utilizing published information catalogs for bearings, seals and maintenance products.
- Ability to succeed within SKF Sales Excellence process and insight selling knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation).
- Ability to troubleshoot applications and articulate advanced problems to Application Engineers as needed.
- Ability to inspect bearings and conclude to scrap, reuse or rework.
- Demonstrate self-management, time management, and process management skills.
- Demonstrate strong technical aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence others (negotiating skills, persuasiveness, and tenacity to follow up).
- Demonstrate project management skills; adept to working with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to develop positive and lasting relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to communicate technical information.
- Demonstrate sales skills (effective questioning, active listening, consultation).
- Ability to prioritize technical support resources based on retention and/or customer growth value.
- Proficient knowledge of full SKF enterprise product offering.
- Ability to identify opportunity; develop and execute winning strategy.
- Demonstrate ability to use tools/resources to improve efficiency, handle customer needs, and reduce costs.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and sales planning skills.
- Purposeful action taker with strong ability to make sound judgements and good business sense.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; self-motivated and driven to win.
- Eagerness to constantly learn new products, applications and business models.
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity for occasional remote work.
SKF Celebrates Diversity in the Workplace! We actively develop ourselves and our teams to enable outstanding delivery. Trust the strength of diverse teams and encourage agile ways of working.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
SKF Cares! The four fundamental cornerstones of SKF Care - Business, Environment, Employees and the Community are critical for us to sustain long-term success.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
To Learn more about SKF Please visit the website:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disable/Veterans