**potential $2,500 days and $5,000 nights Retention Bonus!**
WHO ARE WE?
At Aptar, we use insights, design, engineering, and science to create innovative packaging technologies that build brand value for our customers, and, in turn, make a meaningful difference in the lives, looks, health, and homes of people around the world.
Every day, Aptar creates “a-ha moments” for its customers and their consumers and patients by continually bringing innovations to market that convert non-dispensing packaging into breakthrough product-dispensing systems, including those that give people more effective ways to put on their favorite fragrance, kids the opportunity to pour ketchup without making a mess and patients connected technologies that help them more easily adhere to treatment.
We have manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America and over 13,000 dedicated employees in 18 different countries.
YOU SHOULD WORK HERE BECAUSE WE
- Attract and develop high-performing people.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Allow for failure by allowing people to make mistakes through an open and trusting environment.
- Invest in the development of employees through local, regional, and global career opportunities.
- Contribute to the communities where we reside.
This position will be responsible for learning and performing Preventative Maintenance on all injection molding machines and may include preventative maintenance on auxiliary equipment as well. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. This position could lead to a possible Journeyman Apprenticeship.
Job Elements & Position Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of repair and construction operations to install, maintain or modify a wide variety of machinery and auxiliary production equipment under general supervision.
- Diagnose and remedy operating problems; disassemble, inspect and overhaul injection molding machine components. Assist higher classified Mechanic(s) in correcting machine operating problems. Confer with higher classified Mechanics or Supervisor on the need for repairs and/or replacement parts.
- Fitting and aligning of precision mechanisms, drives, bearings, etc. Layout and install molding machines, equipment, etc. May assist contractors on major plant installation and/or expansion etc. to make or alter replacement parts. Use a variety of precision measuring instruments to check machine alignment, performance, fit parts, etc.
- Routine repair projects are performed under general supervision. Guidance and/or immediate supervision is provided on critical or extensive repair projects such as rebuilding injection molding presses, etc.
- Broad, general background in the installation and maintenance of machines and process equipment.
- Familiarity with supporting systems including hydraulics, heat and electrical controls, etc.
- Additional schooling and training may be required.
- Must have 6 attendance points and not under any disciplinary action.
Marginal Job Responsibilities (Not fundamental job duties)
- Related education and/or experience equivalent to two to three years of trade school training plus one to three years of related work experience.
Nearest Major Market: Waukesha
Nearest Secondary Market: Milwaukee