Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services programs for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. The SMIT contractor provides enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G supports the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
Bring your IT career and talents to CDW-G where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. We are an innovative Fortune 200 leader drivingmeaningful technological change for customers in virtually every industry.
CDW currently seeks a Field System Administrator - Print to join our NGEN SMIT team. You will work within a fast-paced environment, supporting the overall solution Regionally to ensure our client's services are optimized and reliable.
- Provide general support activities for Print devices (primarily) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) equipment in an enterprise environment, including:
- Troubleshooting (onsite and via phone)
- Proactively manage Service Tickets and update service-related activities in a timely manner
- Lead, implement, and troubleshoot complex and specialized Print and VTC projects consisting of one to potentially dozens of devices in one or multiple locations
- Oversee the remote implementation and troubleshooting of complex and specialized Print and VTC projects consisting of one to potentially dozens of devices in one or multiple remote locations
- Serve as company liaison with client and vendors (uniformed and civilian personnel) on administrative and technical matters
- Interpret clients' needs and work toward resolution
- Responsible for addressing escalated break/fix issues, establishing and maintaining communication with the customer, management, and other relevant third-parties, and updating Service Ticket status in a timely manner
- Consult with leadership to identify inventory stocking levels and reorder points of the repair parts and spare device inventory
- Clearly communicate service offerings and performance expectations to leadership
- Provide copies of all relevant information from any Third-Party supplier agreements, when necessary
- Advise customer of changes in hardware or software that is determined to be incompatible, unapproved, or non-standard.
- Work with vendors, client, and CDW leadership to develop strategy
- Manage to metrics to ensure SLA compliance
- Maintain customer relationships
- Maintain partner relationships
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Lead and facilitate the development of common practices
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Security+ Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working with an OEM or Third-Party provider of printer repair services
- Intermediate understanding of the appropriate physical hardware
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals
- 3+ years of experience working with an OEM or Third-Party provider of printer repair servicesPrinter Certifications (HP, Xerox)
- Technical certifications associated to the chosen professional track
- A+ or Network+
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of print service offerings
- Experience with Adobe creative suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and SQL
Who we are
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
- Comprehensive package: healthcare, dental, vision, paid vacation time and sick days
- Coworker stock purchase program
- Coworker discounted purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement for those wishing to further their education
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
CDW is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.