Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Nursing Assistant to:
- Provide direct physical care and basic nursing procedures and treatments in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, such as patient transfers, repositioning, and activities of daily living.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with other hospital staff, visitors, patients, and their family members.
Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of State of Wisconsin Approved Nursing Assistant program
Preferred - One (1) year recent experience as a Nursing Assistant
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must be listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide Registry
- CPR certification required within 3 months of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development for the appropriate age group(s).
- Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status in relation to the appropriate age group(s).
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret relevant information needed to identify each patient's nursing care requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide nursing care relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform Nursing Assistant functions.
- Knowledge of and ability to read and document information in patient chart.
- Knowledge of Universal Precaution techniques and ability to incorporate Universal precaution techniques while providing patient care.
- Knowledge of safety measures used during provision of patient care.
- Knowledge of and ability to practice aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of patient rights and confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, family members, visitors, and co-workers.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice of nursing applicable to basic care provided by nursing.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
- Evenings (8-hour shifts based on operational needs of unit)
- 100% (40 hours/week) FTE, includes benefits
- Monday through Friday 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM; Rotating weekends
Sign-On Bonus: External hires may be eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus.
in Madison is a Magnet-designated facility that's and considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.