Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!We are seeking a dedicated Leader to fill our Market Asset Protection Manager position to support the North Chicago Market locations:
Aurora, IL Bloomingdale, IL
Oswego, IL Bolingbrook, IL (Boughton & Weber)
Plainfield, IL Elgin, IL
St. Charles, IL Algonquin, IL
Rolling Meadows, IL Round Lake Beach, IL
I this role, you will works collaboratively with Market Directors and Store Directors to support a Culture of Safety and 200% accountability. Ensure the execution of programs surrounding the safety of people, the security of assets, compliance with internal and regulatory standards and the prevention of shrink within the assigned market, through root cause analysis, deployment of solutions that protect the assets of the organization and audit to determine the effectiveness of the initiatives as designed.
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Days Off (effective on hire date)
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision (effective on hire date)
- 401K (participate starting day one)
- Education Reimbursement (up to $2,000 per year)
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More
What You'll be Doing:
- Hires, trains and supervises Asset Protection Team Leaders.
- Understands and knows what actions are underway to investigate current internal theft cases.
- Conducts safety auditing to identify and correct unsafe conditions and behavior.
- Meets with store leadership to review activity and re-enforce safety and asset protection standards.
- Drives safety programs in partnership with store leadership.
- Reviews OSHA logs, customer and team member accident investigations.
- Ensures investigation of key reports surrounding shrink, loss and safety reduction efforts within the market.
- Identifies and ensures cash losses are investigated to resolution.
- Ensures LP technology is operational.
- Works with store detective teams, and the corporate investigations team to investigate Organized Retail Crime (ORC) activity.
- Liaison with law enforcement.
- Ensures physical security of store locations.
- Ensures fire protection system and associated alarms are operational.
- Reviews incident and apprehension reports.
- Execution of assessments, action plans and company programs within the market targeting shrink and safety reduction efforts.
- Analyzes P&L, shrink results, safety results and other leading/lagging indicators and ensures deficiencies are being addressed.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3+ years of multi-unit asset protection experience; investigative experience and ability.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
- Understanding of behavioral safety strategies.
- Working knowledge of the following operating systems and methods; Security and Fire hardware, such as CCTV, Burglar Systems, Fire Systems, EAS Systems.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of emergency response protocols and processes (public & private).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of financial reporting tools including Shrink, P/L Statements, Risk Assessments and Exception Reports.
- Strong investigative skills/techniques.
- Skilled in interviewing and interrogations tactics (Wicklander preferred).
- Understanding of the criminal and civil justice system (e.g. local, state, federal, and regulatory, etc.).
- Understanding of ORC.
- Understanding of product protection strategies.
- Understanding of retail operations (e.g. cash office, receiving, pharmacy operations).
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ).
- Wicklander Zulawski Interview Certified.