Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customers' performance is at the heart of what we do-and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description SummaryThis position offers a $500 sign on bonus.
The candidate will have a strong working knowledge of pumps, piping, and equipment maintenance, as well as strong analytical thinking skills and communication skills. Safety is a top priority and experience with life safety programs and other OSHA requirements is a must.
Must have working knowledge of the following equipment and processes:
- Pump maintenance to include trouble shooting, removal and replacement, preventative maintenance, seal and diaphragm replacement for the following types of pumps: Centrifugal pumps, Positive Displacement pumps, and A.O.D. pumps.
- Fans, blowers, and dust collectors.
- Rotary equipment of Belt driven and gear box driven
- Piping and pipe fitting to include PVC, threading of 2" and less, and welding.
- Knowledge of various valves, actuators.
- Welding, cutting, and brazing.
- Preventative Maintenance and the ability to create procedures for a program.
- Changing oil in pumps and gear boxes
- Knowledge of compressed air and the distribution of.
- Basic computer skills to include Word and Excel. Knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system is beneficial.
- Ability to design and run simple projects up to $30,000.
- Ability to meet with vendors and order the necessary supplies.
Additional Job Description
- Must be a self motivated, enjoy working, always looking for improvements
- Experience with chemical operations preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an industrial plant setting with plant maintenance leadership exposure
- Familiarity with OSHA, DNR, and other industry regulations
- Possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be fully proficient in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate would be required to obtain a boiler license from ASOPE
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC Poster
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Elementis does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other category protected by federal, state or local laws.