At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Job Summary: As an Account Manager, you will have the responsibility to lead Amazon, one of Generac's most important clients to achieve short and long-range strategic objectives through successful planning and execution of sales strategies. You will work cross-functionally with other retail sales channels within Generac. This position will report to the Director of Sales.
- Develop and lead an aggressive and comprehensive sales strategy to support the company’s objectives and business plans, including consistent growth and profitability through new product introduction and brand recognition.
- Establish goals, measure results, evaluate resources and put development plans in place as needed.
- Work with clients to develop sales and promotional opportunities to generate revenue.
- Grow sales of existing and new products by strengthening account relationships.
- Maintain understanding of rapidly changing competitive environment to minimize threats and capitalize on new opportunities.
Other Duties as assigned and the following:
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned
- Special assignments as directed by the retail leadership team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years retail account experience in sales or marketing
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 4 years of experience working with Amazon Vendor and Seller Central
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Understanding of Retail Math
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data
- Prior forecasting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and foster business relationships
- Detailed, focused and excellent organization skills
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial culture
- Ability to convert metrics into meaningful information;
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with initiative and vision; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office with strong skills in Excel
Great Reasons to Work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, café, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- New attire policy: Dress for Your Day!
- Product loan and discount programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel estimated at 10-25% depending on project timing.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.