Registered Nurses – we offer flexible schedules to work with your busy life!
Extra Shift Bonus offered on PMs and Nights for 4-hour and 8-hour shifts!
Shift Differentials for PMs and Nights, and an additional differential for Weekend hours included!
Additional Benefits/Perks of the role include:
- Ability to access your schedule online and pick up shifts from your cellular phone.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program – invite your friends to apply.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k) with a competitive match
- Opportunity for paid vacation time, holiday, sick and personal days based on the hours worked.
- Benefits will vary based upon full time/part time employee status.
The Jewish Home and Care Center is a non-profit group in the senior living industry. As part of Ovation Communities have been serving the people of the Greater Milwaukee area for over 100 years. These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, continuous quality improvement efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun. If you enjoy working for a quality facility that will value your work, and if you believe in compassionate resident care, please consider joining our team.
The RN Supervisor assumes responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of all residents on an assigned unit. Supervises licensed nurses and other nursing personnel in the delivery of care and services according to each resident’s comprehensive resident assessment and plan of care. Manages unit in accord with facility philosophy, in compliance with standards of professional nursing practice, and with all State laws and regulations. Utilizes resources in an efficient and economic manner to ensure that each resident achieves the highest practical physical, mental and psycho social well-being.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all on-site licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants.
- Makes daily rounds on unit to observe, examine, interview residents, to evaluate staffing needs, to monitor regulatory compliance, to inspect care environment, and to evaluate staff interactions and clinical skill competency
- Audits 24 hour report as completed by Unit Charge Nurses and reviews clinical records to identify problems, to ensure timely responses to residents’ needs, to evaluate documentation skills of unit nursing staff, and to evaluate regulatory compliance with documentation requirements.
- Listens to verbal shift report making special note to follow-up on significant changes in condition, admissions, transfers, discharges, initiation or use of physical or chemical restraints, unnecessary use of any drug, incidents, unexplained injuries, medication errors, loss of resident property or evidence of resident or family dissatisfaction
- Analyzes data gathered from rounds and record reviews and acts promptly to resolve problems and to continuously improve quality. Participates in formal quality assessment and assurance activities as directed by the Quality assurance committee
- As the nurse with responsibility for the residents on the unit, conducts or coordinates the resident assessment process including accurate completion of the State-approved Resident Assessment Instrument
- Provides prescribed medication and treatments along with TLC to our Residents consistent with the plan of care, Standard Nursing practice, knowledge of nursing procedures and all applicable regulations/codes/policies and procedures.
- Must be licensed in the State of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse
- Previous supervisory experience in a long term care and/or clinical setting
- Must have current CPR certification
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.