Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Primary Sourcing Owner for New Product Development Initiatives (NPD), New Business Development and other regionally related product enhancement initiatives. Initiate/Manage RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's for NPD and workswith Category Managers on Sourcing Recommendations.
- Coordinate OE localization content/price analysis (make/buy) to determine best source of supply. Drive product family cost-out initiatives to achieve market competitive pricing. Lead Projects to support Customer On-Time Deliveries (OTD) Improvements. Focus on improving financials, reducing in-house cost/total costs, improved quality/6S and OTD.
- Communicates Forecast Volumes for NPD. Interfaces with Mfgonscheduling/capabilities of production to meet requirements for the OE build andglobal Aftermarket material needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams including engineering, quality, logistics, commercial, supply chain to acheive all project targets.
- Creates/Implements strategies and processes in the development/implementation of the "extended enterprise" for procuring and negotiating with channel supply partners/customers.
- Directscreation, innovation of Key Supply Chain Initiatives to support NPD, Critical Component Sourcing, Region Localization, BCC, and Country of Source. Drivecost optimization initiatives.
- Achieve Supply Chain Efficiencies, Cost Management, global utilization of inventories/capacities, optimize material/product movement, promote partnerships with suppliers and customers.
- Conducts Cost Analysis - WCT, Theoretical cost calculations.
- Benchmark best in class suppliers.Perform SWAT analysis.
- Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or Business. Associate's degree along with relevant working experience in Purchasing, Materials, or Engineering background with a specialized knowledge on a focused group of commodities can also be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Experience working in an ERP environment (SAP a plus). MS Office aptitude.
- Ability to make decisions and solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where standardization may be limited.
- Self-driven, results oriented, and motivated to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to interpret technical data and a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work successfully in a multi-functional team.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and its partners.
- Knowledge of mining, heavy equipment, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to manage a project from inception to completion within constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Strong Analytical/critical thinking skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Professional and Positive attitude.
- CPIM, CSCP or CPM Certification preferred
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.