This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Facility Maintenance Technician demonstrates advanced skills in operating, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining the general facilitiesbuilding components, utility systems, mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC systems and the related equipment at the Drug Delivery production facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporins.
- Responsible for daily maintenance activities in the production or facility areas.
- Conducts preventive and planned maintenance activities as required.
- Assist in the installation, startup and preparation of documentation for new equipment.
- Works directly with engineers to implement corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems with production equipment.
- Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance requirements by maintaining cleanliness within work area, ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times.
- Performs written documentation and regulatory recordkeeping responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Works in a safe manner always, encourages a culture of Zero Harm, and is trained in Arc Flash, LOTO, Basic Electrical safety, Ladder Safety, and other plant programs.
- Strictly adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and performs accurate and timely documentation.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs and maintains a wide range of equipment, such as: Robots, programmable logic controller (PLC) systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.), vision systems, photo eyes/sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, temperature controllers, variable speed drives, motors, servos, pneumatic systems, motor and machine controls, advanced electronics, ultrasonic and RF plastic welders, leak detection systems, and electrical systems up to 480v, 3ph.
- Performs basic jobs such as equipment relocations, crating or uncrating of parts, mechanical adjustments and alignments, identifying and ordering of spare parts, documenting all work, clean-up before leaving job, attending relevant training and meetings. -
- Participates in projects and upgrades.
- Able and willing to work overtime when required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to carry and climb 10 ft ladders.
- Must be able to stand and work at two hour minimum intervals.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Normal visual acuity is necessary including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must have experience with basic hand tools and electrical meters.
- Light machining skills not required but a plus.
- Ability to implement energy improvement projects.
- Must be able to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams, knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics a plus.
- Show an active interest in self-improvement and training.
- Work with limited amount of supervision, have strong verbal and written communication skills. -
- Good documentation skills and strong computer skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical drawings, flowcharts, and/or other technical drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to expand knowledge and scope in maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
- Availability to support plant's hours of operation.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maximo preferred
- Electrical knowledge and experience with AC/DC motors and drives, electrical systems up to 480V 3-phase, relays, switches, sensors, valves, and servo motors.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, technical certifications a plus
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or above a plus
- 3 or more years manufacturing systems experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Reasonable Accommodations 043494
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.