You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Maintenance Facilities Supervisor at Nemschoff and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Maintenance Facilities Supervisor working at Nemschoff, you'll supervise maintenance activities, including machine and facility maintenance, as well as support plant safety, environmental, quality improvements, and Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) activities.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive PM and TPM program to ensure the reduction of downtime and emergency repairs.
- Maintain an effective work order management system to provide the highest level of support to Manufacturing.
- Comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Complete of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages between planning and completion.
- Manage plant maintenance activities on all three shifts being performed by HCP maintenance or outside contractors.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the building and grounds staff to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Request and arrange emergency technical support and resources for breakdown situations.
- Understand and adhere to our policy and objectives for, and commitment to, quality.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to facilitate the movement of equipment or other plant rearrangement, ensuring essential support to guarantee no production loss or quality deficiencies occur.
- Work closely with Quality to ensure plant systems, compressed air, lighting, etc., are sufficient to guarantee first time quality of 100%.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A high school diploma and related post high school education. A four-year technical degree in a related field or equivalent expertise, including Journeyman status, is preferred.
- Technical competency with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems and equipment.
- An awareness of governmental regulations in safety, environmental, and emergency response.
- Familiarity with OSHA standards relating to plant operations.
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities with a proven capability to manage people.
- Experience with PLC controls, PCs, PM and TPM systems, tool crib, supply and inventory systems, compressors, dryers, other plant support equipment, pneumatic and electrical distribution systems, material handling equipment, HVAC, and plant safety programs
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.