Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Facilities Manager provides strategic direction and guidance to the organization on all aspects of facilities management. From spearheading new construction and renovation projects to coordinating major and minor building improvements the Facilities Manager provides leadership and plays a key role in the growth of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with senior leadership, develops and executes facility management strategies designed to maximize organizational efficiency.
- Conducts reviews of facilities and oversees/manages major capital projects to ensure compliance with applicable codes, regulations, policies and procedures as well as company standards.
- Directs the programming, planning, design and construction for new construction, renovation, parking projects, environmental, remodeling and maintenance projects enterprise wide including sites, utilities, buildings, building systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for project budget attainment, record keeping, contract management and enforcement, project schedule, construction compliance with applicable codes, required inspections and the legal requirements for the construction of facilities.
- Responsible for properly managing/monitoring lease agreements for all company locations
- All other job duties as assigned.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 5 years' experience in Facility Project Management or equivalent.
- 3 years' experience in commercial construction projects or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in providing input into RFQ/RFP responses.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Federal and State environmental, health, and safety regulations and injury/illness prevention planning required
- Previous industry experience and knowledge.
- Environmental permitting experience and knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of end-to-end project management, construction contracts management, budget management and preparation of change orders, drawing modifications.
- Knowledge of project control and phasing of construction activities to avoid impact on enterprise operational activities.
- Knowledge of construction financial matters including schedule of values and payment approval.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and construction quality controls systems including inspections and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of environmental and building codes/regulations.
- Knowledge including but not limited to planning, design and construction of new and renovated facilities in IL, MI, IN and WI.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively with all customers in a fast pace high volume work area.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, applicable codes and other governmental regulations as well as address/respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or the business community
- Strong attention to detail with the strong ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
JX Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.