Must live within reasonable commute of base.
Boingo Wireless is looking for a highly energetic and customer focused Wireless Network Engineer with comprehensive knowledge of IP-based network systems, including Ethernet and Wi-Fi, to support our wireless networks primarily at Gordon, as well as some travel to Hunter Army Airfield.
This is a hands-on role requiring technical savvy and experience working independently at the location as the on-site field service technician, troubleshooter, and customer interface. The Field Engineer oversees the technical aspects of the site (large military bases) with potential for customers in the thousands. The Field Engineer should be confident and heavily experienced in the following skills and requirements, possess a strong service-ethic, be self-motivated, and goal-oriented in their desire to maintain high-uptime standards.
Responsibilities will include installing and maintaining Wi-Fi networks in multi-dwelling unit buildings, including:
- Installing commercial Internet circuits (fiber, Cable/LTE modem, and/or fixed wireless)
- Utilizing various distributions methods (Ethernet, xDSL, CMTS, Wi-Fi, LTE)
- Experience in the use of wireless design software, such as iBwave, and Ekahau or similar
- Additional responsibilities as assigned, such as dealing with Tier 3 customer escalations (visiting end-user customers to solve network access and service issues)
- Network monitoring and incident response
- Collaborate/escalate routing, core, and WLC configuration changes with venue specific network engineers
- Network performance monitoring (bandwidth, throughput, end user experience) for proactive coverage & capacity additions
- Responses NOC-dispatched incident response based on SLA triage with timely communication through the restoration efforts
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to install and configure switches, access points (training on Boingo/Carrier process shall be provided where applicable)
- Assist Engineering and Field Operations /Project Management members in the creation of Technical Scopes of Work for tasks to be outsourced, solicit quotes from subcontractors, qualify, and award/manage those efforts in conjunction with Boingo's Service Engineering team
- Support ongoing quality oversight of installation contractors to including reporting (with photos of questionable items) to Engineering and Field Operations /Project Management members during projects
- Must have the ability to work well on a team, as well as be able to work independently
- Must have the ability and proven skill set to manage, coordinate, and prioritize work tasks to ensure timely and quality work
- Effectively work independently on projects/tasks
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking problems
- Work directly with customers on network access and network speed problems as Tier 2 customer support
- Time management and work prioritization skills are critical to the success of this The Field Engineer must be able throttle between project deployment tasks, Trouble Tickets, proactive network performance monitoring, occasional sales support, and conference calls, end-users as a mobile professional
- Accurately submit purchase order requests, timesheets, and expenses per company policy
- When assigned federal / military based venues: in conjunction with a Bongo Field Operations Manager, be able to inform base business-to-business customer personnel of up-coming Wi-Fi service and installation activities at a minimum of a monthly
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Housing/Barracks Management
- AAFES and/or MCCS base point of contact(s)
- Boingo Marketing
- Base Command
- Boingo resources - employees, consultants, and/or installation contractors
- Others as required
- Associate degree or CCNA certification preferred
- Knowledge of wireless technology, including 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax
- Familiarity with military/government processes, procedures, and environment
- Experience with Wi-Fi access point and wireless controller configurations, preferably with Ruckus and Cisco equipment
- Must possess a functional understanding of various central office network elements
- Proficiency with switch configurations, including VLANs, trunking access and other port settings
- Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Visio, with strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Network monitoring and incident response
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to install and configure switches, wireless controllers
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
- Proficiency with switch configurations, including VLANs, trunking vs. access and other port settings
- A working understanding of DHCP and DNS
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Strong oral and written communication skills, highly detail oriented, goal oriented, and a strong desire to make a difference!
- Must pass military base access background check and have valid driver's license
- Must meet physical requirements of the role which include gaining access to and working on building rooftops installing microwave equipment and able to carry 45+ lbs, if needed
- Position will participate in on-call rotation to provide 24-hour support
- Must be willing and able to travel within a region
Nice to have
- Knowledge and/or experience with microwave radios (Ruckus, Siklu), Cisco switching, routing and wireless equipment
- Certifications or progress toward certifications, such as: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA
- Inside plant engineering experience & involvement in; fiber and copper plant planning, HVAC/UPS/Gen/Fire Suppression
- Experience with installation and maintenance of outdoor fixed wireless systems, including microwave, millimeter wave and unlicensed 5.8 GHz radios
- CentOS Linux a plus, including DNS, DHCP, Radius, Apache, and NTP
Boingo Wireless, Inc. helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the leading edge of technology. There is no doubt the "secret sauce" to Boingo's success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy. There's also an incredible benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It's no wonder we've been named among the Best Places to Work in LA six years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team - current and future teammates - is our top concern. Therefore, we're conducting our "in-person" interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.