Employee Type:Full time
Job Type:Production Maintenance
Job Posting Title:Maintenance Mechanic II Starting Pay $31.21
The Maintenance Mechanic II works in partnership with Maintenance leadership and Production leadership to perform basic to extensive maintenance and electrical repairs on food manufacturing machinery equipment, including conveyors, packaging equipment, production equipment, electrical controls systems and other related plant systems, while adhering to safety rules and focusing on food safety.
Responsibilities and Expectations: To perform jobs successfully, the incumbent will be required to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. The company reserves the right to modify, delete or add to the essential functions for the Maintenance position at any time.
- All responsibilities and expectations outlined for Maintenance Mechanic I
- Orders parts for rebuilds and corrective maintenance activities
- Able to operate all production equipment in assigned area
- Able to understand simple drawings and wiring diagrams
- Able to troubleshoot and repair all mechanical equipment in assigned area
- Able to troubleshoot and repair 3 phase electrical components and control voltage problems
- Able to stick, mig or tig weld small repairs on equipment in order to prevent long term downtime until permanent repair can be completed
- Able to proficiently PM assigned equipment with no supervision required
- Proficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Assists with training Maintenance Mechanic I and Operators on equipment
- Lead Root Cause Analysis Activities, where applicable
- Follows all safety policies and practices; proactively identifies safety hazards and risks
- All other duties as assigned
- Plant Equipment: Demonstrated ability to understand basic theory of operation to repair, trouble shoot, and make effective adjustments needed for efficient runs and sustained operation of equipment including all production line equipment, fillers, lablers, cartoners, case packers, conveyors, check weighers, x-rays, Axors and all its auxiliary equipment, dryers, flour tower feeding systems, cheese pouch filling systems, etc.
- Experience: at least one year of experience at Level I, or, 5 years of experience in a maintenance role (or two years plus a technical Associates Degree or equivalent)
- Skill: successful completion of Level II assessment. Assessment evaluates ability to troubleshoot, run equipment, perform millwright activities, and assemble/repair equipment.
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of PLC functionality
- Ability to test electrical and electronic equipment and components
Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will walk/stand for the duration of a 8-12hour shift and be able to use both hands, twist, bend, stoop, reach and maneuver in tight or cramped areas.
- Will climb stairs, ladders, equipment scaffolding, tanks and heights to 50 feet.
- Will push/pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Will lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Will use one or both hands to hold, grip, and use tools required for duties, including but not limited to a utility knife.
- Will hear and talk on an ongoing basis in an atmosphere of moderate and loud noise.
- Will work in and around cold water or hot water up to 185 F.
- Will work in cold, warm, hot, humid and/or wet conditions.
Within the work environment, the employee's physical condition must be such that the employee can wear:
- Hearing protection.
- Head protection.
- Steel-toe slip resistant footwear.
- Eye protection when required.
- Hand protection when required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.