Performs entry level repetitive bench or line assembly operations to produce products and/or components according to specifications.
- Reads and follows blueprints, routers, specifications and other instructions in order to build and assemble parts and equipment in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Under the direction and guidance of a lead or supervisor, performs entry level work on an assembly line as a team member and completes various tasks as different models of product move along line. Refers questions to lead or supervisor.
- Bolts, clips, screws, or otherwise fastens parts together in relationship to each other in accordance with the process manual and work order instructions.
- Maintains department standards for efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Follows all established safety procedures including wearing required PPE and maintaining 5S standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a variety of hand/air tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, electronic schematics and other manufacturing instructions.
- Ability to understand LEAN principles to perform job duties for continuous improvement
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
High School diploma
General Education Degree
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Ability to perform occasional to frequent pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, twisting, crawling and/or reaching over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to stand and/or walk constantly over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Moderate physical demand; often lifting/moving average weight (25 to 50 lbs/11-27 kgs), and occasionally lifting heavy weight materials (up to 70 lbs)
Briggs & Stratton's policy is that employees and visitors who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear a mask in our facilities. Unvaccinated employees and visitors must wear a mask in our facilities.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper ProFerris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Brancoand Victabrands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.