Brady Corporation Overview:
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady's products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2020, employed approximately 5,400 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady's fiscal 2020 sales were approximately $1.08 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical developments in the areas of design, documentation, development, schedule and testing of new and existing products by following good engineering practices. The responsibilities include activities and inputs into the design process, product design, manufacturing, and subsequent product support as required. It is expected that this individual demonstrates the ability to apply engineering principles to complex issues. The individual is expected to be a participant in overall mechanical designs. Working in a cross functional team with marketing, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering is essential. The designs produced by this individual and the technical members of the team are to be cost effective and meet the overall product specifications established and meet project goals such as timeline attainment and project budget.
Position Reports To: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work with Manufacturing Team to support injection molding, gear design, machining, sheet metal and assembly
* Ensure quality is built into designs and driven through product development
* Participates in other aspects of the product development such as: solving manufacturing issues, product performance, repair issues, product improvements, and value engineering
* Maintains confidentiality as required by the project and the department.
* Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
* Works in close support of the marketing department in the analysis of customer need (VOC) and in the development of product specifications.
* Works cross-functionally with internal team and other core disciplines (EE, Firmware, Software, Marketing)
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited 4 year university
* Previous experience with 3D CAD modelling software
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
* MS in Mechanical Engineering
* At least 1 year of mechanical engineering experience
* Working Knowledge of each of the following tools:
* CAD modelling skills (3D:SOLIDWORKS)
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Manufacturing fabrication processes
* FEA and DFM
* Knowledge of design of machine elements
* Design of Experiments and Six Sigma
* Well rounded knowledge of Microsoft Office"Project Management Experience
* Knowledge of Manufacturing process for injection molding, gear design, machining, sheet metal and assembly
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf