The Senior Manager of Cockpit Systems Platforms will organize and lead a multi-discipline engineering group of 10 - 20 people, responsible for the design, verification, and certification of hardware and low-level software for high-reliability, safety-critical, airborne products. The engineering group is expected to consist of electrical, mechanical, software, and test engineers.
- Build and maintain department capabilities with a cost-effective team of direct employees, outsource partners, and suppliers.
- Mentor and grow engineering and leadership talent.
- Guide multiple products from conception through production, including functional and technical requirements, verification, integration, environmental and EMI testing, certification and production.
- Maintain multiple fielded designs for sustained production, and repair, including modifications for cost-reductions, obsolete parts, and field performance improvements.
- Manage electrical, mechanical, and low-level software design of electronic products
- Manage the design and build of test equipment for development and production.
- Participate in product strategy development and road-mapping of new technologies and products.
- Work closely with program management office to ensure alignment of project spend and delivery schedule.
- Work closely with display and cockpit systems applications groups to integrate application-level software into the platform.
- Work closely with production to implement product and card-level testing, optimize production cost, and address obsolescence issues.
- Communicate product vision and capabilities to regulators, customers, and internal audiences.
- Serve as a member of the senior engineering management team, shaping engineering department organization and policies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or physical sciences from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in electronics design and development with experience as a functional manager and project manager.
- Experience in current development tools and methodologies and comfortable setting the direction of development teams,
- Experience mentoring and developing engineering and leadership talent.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and group presentations).
- Exhibits interpersonal skills necessary to address business issues and conflicts that arise across organizational boundaries.
- Capable of establishing relationships with and leading outsource partners and suppliers
- Strong project management skills
- Permanently eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Degree in electrical, mechanical, or computer engineering
- Experience leading and managing multi-discipline engineering groups
- Experience applying RTCA DO-160, DO-254, and DO-178
- Experience with FAA certified product development (TSO and/or STC/TC)
- Ability to travel
Data Acquisition and Concentrator Units:
- Process analog and digital aircraft signals including ARINC-429, RS-232, RS-422, Ethernet
- Analog to digital and digital to digital conversion
- High-reliability, redundant architectures with dual power supplies
- Embedded software applications, with and without real-time operating systems
- Passive and active cooling applications
Flight Displays and Mission & Display Processors:
- Primary flight, navigation, engine, system synoptic, and crew alerting applications
- High-reliability, safety-critical LCD displays for commercial and military applications
- Multiple form factors including 3ATI, 6x8-inch, and large area displays
- Integrated processing of analog and digital aircraft signals
- Integrated real-time 3D and 2D graphics processing
- Integrated video processing capabilities (scaling, cropping, and merging) of external video sources
- Support wide range of ambient light conditions from sunlight readable to NVIS compatible
- Durable human-machine interface, including push-button and rotary controls, and touch-screen controls
- Passive cooling
Flight Control Systems:
- Actuator control applications for primary and secondary flight control surfaces
- High-reliability, safety-critical, redundant architectures
- Rugged, passively cooled enclosures designed for external aircraft environments