Brady Corporation Overview:
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady's products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2020, employed approximately 5,400 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady's fiscal 2020 sales were approximately $1.08 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Position Reports To: Mechanical Engineering Manager
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be working in Research & Development, specifically New Product Development/Introduction located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The individual will work on cross-functional teams to develop label printers, applicator machines, and other electromechanical devices. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical developments in the areas of design, documentation, development, schedule and testing of new and existing products by following good engineering practices. The responsibilities include activities and inputs into the design process, product design, manufacturing, and subsequent product support as required. It is expected that this individual demonstrates the ability to apply advanced engineering principles to complex issues. The individual is expected to be a participant in overall mechanical designs of label printers. Working in a cross functional team with marketing, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering is essential. The designs produced by this individual and the technical members of the team are to be cost effective and meet the overall product specifications established and meet project goals such as timeline attainment and project budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures quality is built into designs and driven through product development
* Participates in other aspects of the product development such as: solving manufacturing issues, repair issues, product improvements, and value engineering
* Maintains confidentiality as required by the project and the department
* Able to complete and review tolerance stacks for multi-component mechanisms
* Works in close support of the marketing department in the analysis of customer need (VOC) and in the development of product specifications.
* Supports in the development of a mechanical timeline for a project team and accountable for the delivery of the Mechanical Engineering team cost, schedule and quality
* Works cross-functionally with internal team and other core disciplines (EE, Firmware, Software, Marketing)
* Mentor and coach lower level mechanical engineers.
* Performs other tasks as required. Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the tasks listed on this job description.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited 4 year university
* Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Mechanical Engineer
* CAD modeling skills
Desired Characteristics: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* MS in engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
* Demonstrated success in product and/or technology development.
* SOLIDWORKS CAD experience
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of injection molded parts
* Knowledge of design of machine elements
* Well-rounded knowledge of Microsoft Office
* New Product Development/Introduction experience
* Knowledge of Manufacturing process for injection molding, gear design, machining, sheet metal and assembly
* Experience working on international teams
* Project management experience
* Design of Experiments and Six Sigma
* Working knowledge of a phase gate process
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf