Auto req ID:9302
Title:Electrical Systems Staff Reliability Engineer (Milwaukee or Chicago)
Company:Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
Additional Location: Chicago
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It's our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra - You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Electrical Systems Staff Reliability Engineer (Milwaukee or Chicago).
The Staff Electronics Systems Test Engineer demonstrates specialized skill ensuring that reliability targets are achievable through the proposed designs. This position influences product development by offering expert guidance to ensure that high-risk items are being mitigated by the design teams. The Staff Electronics Systems Test Engineer demonstrates expertise in technical reliability, field analysis, goal setting, and test planning and execution.
- Demonstrates expertise in technical reliability, field analysis, and requirements development including Functional Safety
- Establish robust durability, reliability, and warranty targets through analysis and application of customer usage data
- Work interactively with the Program Manager and other stakeholders to ensure alignment between the Analysis & Test Plans and program critical path.
- Owns risk reduction through application of Risk Discovery, DFMEA, and DVP&R
- Provides expert guidance to ensure that high-risk items are being mitigated by the design teams
- Develop Electrical System/Vehicle Level test plans including Functional Safety
- Manage execution of the Electrical System/Vehicle Level test plans and verification of results
- Manage and maintain visibility to leading metric tracking progress/exceptions to prioritized Analysis & Test Plan
- Verifies system performance to H-D standards approves supplier validation and works with test and verification entities to ensure Electrical system meets or exceeds targets
- Resolves technical issues by applying problem-solving techniques and facilitating cross-functional engineering & test support as needed
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Master's degree preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of related experience. In addition, they will have demonstrated the following:
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional team members without direct authority.
- Success in directly or indirectly leading a team or supplier to meet aggressive quality and performance objectives.
- Technical product development reliability/quality experience with electronic and electro-mechanical devices. Experience with software-based systems strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Electrical component design, manufacturing, and assembly
- Ability to communicate technical subjects in a clear, concise manner to multiple levels of the organization.
- Success in solving challenging technical problems in a team environment.
- Success in leading teams through the application of the Design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) tool in a product development environment.
- Expertise in managing Product Verification & Validation Test planning and execution at component, system, and vehicle levels using a variety of methodologies including HIL, bench, and vehicle.
- Ability to work with diverse global teams both internally and externally (suppliers).
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from.Learn more about Harley-Davidson .
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Travel Required:0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship:This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation:This position is not eligible for relocation assistance