Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
$112,500 to $154,800 depending on experience
What you will be doing
As an Assistant Director, Value & Access Communications, a typical day might include:
- Serving as the main client contact/project lead on Value & Access Communications projects, such as Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Format formulary dossiers and global value dossiers, and serving as the primary internal reviewer on content developed by the project team
- Be responsible for the delivery of high-quality documents developed by the project team; responsible for coordinating and holding client meetings (primarily via teleconference) to kick-off projects and discuss client comments and feedback
- Working as the primary medical writer on AMCP Format formulary dossiers as well as global value dossiers
- Serving as the primary medical writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts, conference abstracts and posters, and white papers
- Developing content for clinical and scientific presentations (slide decks)
- Providing clinical knowledge and support (eg, literature search) and medical writing support for health economic and outcomes research activities, such as economic model conceptualization, planning and implementation of outcomes studies, market research, proposals or new business development, or other clinical activities
- Coordinating the integration of scientific and medical input from internal team members and external clients to meet project expectations, and the provision of clinical and/or strategic review
- Assuming responsibility for on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, while maintaining high quality standards
- Supporting in the goals of business unit/service line growth
- Maintaining an 80% chargeability
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Candidate should have an advanced clinical degree (eg, MD, PharmD, PhD) in a related discipline with at least 5 years of practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams, including appropriate delegation and follow-through with project teams
- Familiarity with scientific literature and proficiency with scientific literature databases (eg, MEDLINE, EMBASE)
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Detail-oriented and experienced with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Strong project management skills, including establishing project timelines and milestones
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more...
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions.Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Carrollton
5025 Plano Parkway
Other LocationsUnited States-Iowa-Remote, United States-Kentucky-Remote, United States-Alabama-Remote, United States-Vermont-Remote, United States-South Dakota-Remote, United States-North Carolina-Remote, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-Texas-Remote, United States-Connecticut-Remote, United States-Tennessee-Remote, United States-Colorado-Remote, United States-New York-Remote, United States-District of Columbia-Remote, United States-New Jersey-Remote, United States-Missouri-Remote, United States-Oklahoma-Remote, United States-Oregon-Remote, United States-Nebraska-Remote, United States-Louisiana-Remote, United States-Georgia-Remote, United States-Washington-Remote, United States-Massachusetts-Remote, United States-New Mexico-Remote, United States-Montana-Remote, United States-Indiana-Remote, United States-Wisconsin-Remote, United States-Kansas-Remote, United States-Arizona-Remote, United States-West Virginia-Remote, United States-Rhode Island-Remote, United States-Ohio-Remote, United States-Wyoming-Remote, United States-Virginia-Remote, United States-Idaho-Remote, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Illinois-Remote, United States-Mississippi-Remote, United States-Nevada-Remote, United States-South Carolina-Remote, United States-Arkansas-Remote, United States-Maine-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Remote, United States-California-Remote, United States-North Dakota-Remote, United States-Alaska-Remote, United States-New Hampshire-Remote, United States-Delaware-Remote, United States-Maryland-Remote, United States-Florida-Remote
This is a remote role for candidates located in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran