Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
$86,800 to $119,500 depending on experience
What you will be doing
Under directionof senior leadership, the candidate will develop and manage scientific and medical writing content to support pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies. The candidate will also support the medical writing to communicate research generated from medical, outcomes, quality improvement, and market research projects across multiple Xcenda teams.
The value and access communication projects that may be most commonly worked on by this individual include, but are not limited to, the following: abstracts and posters, peer-reviewed publications, and Microsoft PowerPoint slide decks/presentations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Content Development (~90% of duties):
- Serve as the primary medical writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts, conference abstracts, and posters (authorship opportunities exist, but cannot be guaranteed), as well as other publication-focused content such as white papers and consensus papers
- Assist in submissions (eg, manuscript preparation and online submission) of Xcenda-developed abstracts (to conferences/congresses) and articles (to journals), in collaboration with the copy-editing team
- Assist in strategic publication planning engagements, with support from senior team members
- Develop content for clinical and scientific presentations (in MS PowerPoint)
- Provide clinical support (eg, literature search) and medical writing support for health economic and outcomes research activities, such as economic model conceptualization, planning and implementation of outcomes studies, market research, proposals or new business development, or other clinical activities
Client Focus (~10% of duties):
- Serve as the client manager on publication-related projects, including the coordination and integration of scientific and medical input from internal team members and external clients to meet project deadlines, and the provision of clinical and/or strategic review of internal team member deliverables prior to delivery to clients
- Creates and executes action plans to advance projects, allocating work and anticipating or identifying and resolving problems
- Assumes responsibility for on-time and on budget delivery of projects, while maintaining high-quality standards
Communication / Collaboration:
- Assist in the development and sharing of writing and publication best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda's mission and vision
- Support goals for business unit/service line growth
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Works with and contributes to project team to complete projects
- Maintains approximately 80% chargeability
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
Advanced clinical degree (eg, MD, PharmD, PhD) in a relevant discipline as the minimum educational requirement with at least 2 years of practical experience. Certified Medical Publication Professional (CMPPTM) is preferred but not required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong medical writing skills, with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication, including publication/medical writing in the health economics and outcomes research space
- Familiarity with reading and understanding scientific literature and proficiency with conducting basic searches in scientific literature databases (eg, MEDLINE, OVID, EMBASE)
- Understanding of health economics and outcomes research-related research activities (eg, modeling studies, literature reviews, real-world data analysis) and experience with drafting publications based on those activities
- Understanding of the guidances that govern publication practices in the pharmaceutical industry (eg, GPP, PRISMA, ICMJE, and others)
- Detail-oriented and experienced with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Structured and well organized with excellent work ethic
- Good organizational skills, able to work on multiple projects in various stages at the same time
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work within project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with issues surrounding the marketing of pharmaceutical products in the global marketplace to include the design and use of health economics and outcomes research studies
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data is preferred
- Strong project management skills, including establishing project timelines and milestones
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
- Travel requirements <10%
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more...
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions.Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Carrollton
5025 Plano Parkway
Other LocationsUnited States-Iowa-Remote, United States-Kentucky-Remote, United States-Alabama-Remote, United States-Wisconsin-Remote, United States-Kansas-Remote, United States-South Dakota-Remote, United States-Arizona-Remote, United States-North Carolina-Remote, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-West Virginia-Remote, United States-Rhode Island-Remote, United States-Ohio-Remote, United States-Wyoming-Remote, United States-Virginia-Remote, United States-Texas-Remote, United States-Connecticut-Remote, United States-Idaho-Remote, United States-Tennessee-Remote, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Colorado-Remote, United States-Illinois-Remote, United States-Mississippi-Remote, United States-New York-Remote, United States-District of Columbia-Remote, United States-Nevada-Remote, United States-South Carolina-Remote, United States-Missouri-Remote, United States-Oklahoma-Remote, United States-Arkansas-Remote, United States-Maine-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Remote, United States-Oregon-Remote, United States-Nebraska-Remote, United States-Louisiana-Remote, United States-California-Remote, United States-North Dakota-Remote, United States-Georgia-Remote, United States-Alaska-Remote, United States-Washington-Remote, United States-Massachusetts-Remote, United States-New Hampshire-Remote, United States-New Mexico-Remote, United States-Delaware-Remote, United States-Montana-Remote, United States-Indiana-Remote, United States-Maryland-Remote, United States-Florida-Remote
This is a remote role for candidates located in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran