Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
$128,000 to $176,100 depending on experience
What you will be doing
Under the general direction of the VAC New Business Development (NBD) Lead, will be responsible for VAC business development activities, such as proposal development, Salesforce maintenance, monitoring/management of business development metrics, and working with the VAC NBD Lead and members of other Xcenda Service Lines to develop and implement strategic and tactical goals that are designed to maintain the influx of new business opportunities and grow new business. This position will require that the candidate:
- Is knowledgeable and comfortable discussing HEOR / RWE / Market Access related topics with clients, in order to identify potential opportunities and promote Xcenda's capabilities
- Is able to formulate and communicate strategic and tactical recommendations to clients that support their GHEOR and global market access needs.
- Has business development experience in similar/relevant industries or fields, and has an existing network of contacts within the HEOR / market access areas
- Is capable of developing proposals and budgets, and overseeing projects for VAC worktypes, including but not limited to AMCP and global value dossiers, scientific slide decks, and publications (abstract, posters, manuscripts).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving global business development efforts in a dynamic and professional manner
- Developing and implementing strategic and tactical goals for the growth of VAC's business and that support Xcenda's overall strategic goals
- Generating sales leads with new clients and existing clients
- Leading the development of client pitches that clearly convey Xcenda's scientific consulting services both generally and according to specific needs/requests by the client
- Developing and leading the development of effective proposals; collaborating with Xcenda's contracting team in the execution of confidential disclosure agreements (CDA), master services agreements (MSA), and contracts
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy, quality, and completeness of all business development and NBD/project activities
- Strategically managing/maintaining client relationships
- Collaborating with NBD leads from other service lines to strategically develop and sell bundled cross-functional services
- Contributing to the recruitment, training, and mentoring of junior staff
- Inspiring/mentoring fellow employees, research fellows, and students
- Maintaining chargeability requirements
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
The candidate must have an established reputation within the biopharmaceutical, medical device, and/or health care consulting industry and be able to demonstrate experience in:
- GHEOR, RWE, medical/value communications, and/or market access
- Business development and consultative selling
- Account leadership and management
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- GHEOR and global market access in launch preparedness
- Prior experience with HEOR / market access / RWE engagements
- General understanding of biopharmaceutical company organizational structure(s) and the responsibilities/functions of the various departments/teams/roles
- Knowledge of business development-related data platforms, such as Salesforce, is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; functions as a team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation, and verbal and written communication skills in the English language (additional language[s] are valued)
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including biopharmaceutical companies, medical, market access and GHEOR thought leaders, and academic institutions
- Ability to effectively and independently prioritize activities while working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and successful consulting firm that values high quality standards and demands excellence
- Autonomous, structured and well organized
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work and collaborate efficiently in a remote setting. Travel, when permitted, will be up to 40% with flexibility
As a member of the Xcenda team, you will be working, learning, and teaching alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and highly motivated to make a difference.You will experience what we call "Commitment that Counts" - a belief and attitude we all share. It is the commitment that we have to our clients, to each other, and to the patients we serve that makes Xcenda such a special and unique organization and more than just a place to work. We are a group of highly motivated people -- all dedicated experts in what they do -- who value accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
Share in our commitment to excellence. Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life-saving therapies. Take the next step today and learn how you can join our team.
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world-class health care consulting organisation focused on value, reimbursement and patient access.For more than 25 years, Xcenda has helped global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emergingearly-phase firms successfully commercialise innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product lifecycle.Our experts provide customised solutions and innovative approaches that crystalize and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more...
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions.Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Carrollton
5025 Plano Parkway
Other LocationsUnited States-Iowa-Remote, United States-Kentucky-Remote, United States-Alabama-Remote, United States-Wisconsin-Remote, United States-Kansas-Remote, United States-Arizona-Remote, United States-North Carolina-Remote, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-West Virginia-Remote, United States-Rhode Island-Remote, United States-Ohio-Remote, United States-Wyoming-Remote, United States-Hawaii-Remote, United States-Virginia-Remote, United States-Texas-Remote, United States-Connecticut-Remote, United States-Idaho-Remote, United States-Tennessee-Remote, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Colorado-Remote, United States-Illinois-Remote, United States-Mississippi-Remote, United States-New York-Remote, United States-District of Columbia-Remote, United States-Nevada-Remote, United States-South Carolina-Remote, United States-New Jersey-Remote, United States-Missouri-Remote, United States-Oklahoma-Remote, United States-Arkansas-Remote, United States-Maine-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Remote, United States-Oregon-Remote, United States-Nebraska-Remote, United States-Louisiana-Remote, United States-California-Remote, United States-North Dakota-Remote, United States-Georgia-Remote, United States-Alaska-Remote, United States-Washington-Remote, United States-Massachusetts-Remote, United States-New Hampshire-Remote, United States-New Mexico-Remote, United States-Delaware-Remote, United States-Montana-Remote, United States-Indiana-Remote, United States-Maryland-Remote, United States-Florida-Remote
This is a remote role for candidates located in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran