Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
Data Visualization Specialists are responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights from the results of the analyses. They are creative thinkers who understand user interface design and apply visualizations skills such as user experience design, data visualization and graphical design. Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have a good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration. Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets.
- Works on smaller, moderately complex technical tasks that require a singular area of expertise.
- Works as a project team member.
- May participate in project planning processes.
- Works with other team members to gain an understanding of business analytics requirements.
- Gains knowledge of business processes and data domain expertise.
- Brings basic understanding of data visualization techniques in developing business analytics requirements.
- Works with other team members to understand technical design of data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic.
- Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to visualize insights, typically working with a small team.
- Follows prepared test plans and system documentation to test implementation of business analytics enhancements, modifications, and new releases.
- Conducts testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
- Conceptualize, design and develop data visualization solutions that synthesize data concepts into clear communications for key business stakeholders.
- Drive adoption of data and insights-driven business decision making processes and analytics-enabled business process innovation.
- Collaborate with data engineers and analytics and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of visual design and interest in creative visualization work.
- Assist in developing best practices for data presentation and sharing across the organization.
- Demonstrate an ability to know and understand the audience and the information the audience needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to reduce data to the bare minimum of what is needed to optimally communicate a message.
- Demonstrate a drive to learn new tools and new ways of visualizing/displaying data and insights.
- Work closely with business users, vendors and delivery teams to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of business analytics and reporting solutions.
- Show strong team building and creative thinking skills, and a desire to "make a difference".
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 1-3 years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualization of insights.
- Working knowledge of data visualization/BI tools, such as Qlik or Tableau, SQL and semantic data access mechanisms.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more...
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions.Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Idaho-Boise
3041 W. Pasadena Dr
Other LocationsUnited States-Iowa-Remote, United States-Kentucky-Remote, United States-Alabama-Remote, United States-Vermont-Remote, United States-Wisconsin-Remote, United States-Kansas-Remote, United States-South Dakota-Remote, United States-Arizona-Remote, United States-North Carolina-Remote, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-West Virginia-Remote, United States-Rhode Island-Remote, United States-Ohio-Remote, United States-Wyoming-Remote, United States-Virginia-Remote, United States-Texas-Remote, United States-Connecticut-Remote, United States-Idaho-Remote, United States-Tennessee-Remote, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Illinois-Remote, United States-New York-Remote, United States-District of Columbia-Remote, United States-South Carolina-Remote, United States-Texas-Carrollton, United States-New Jersey-Remote, United States-Missouri-Remote, United States-Oklahoma-Remote, United States-Arkansas-Remote, United States-Maine-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Remote, United States-Utah-Remote, United States-Oregon-Remote, United States-Nebraska-Remote, United States-Louisiana-Remote, United States-California-Remote, United States-North Dakota-Remote, United States-Georgia-Remote, United States-Washington-Remote, United States-Massachusetts-Remote, United States-New Hampshire-Remote, United States-New Mexico-Remote, United States-Delaware-Remote, United States-Montana-Remote, United States-Indiana-Remote, United States-Maryland-Remote, United States-Florida-Remote
OrganizationAcquisition - MWI
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran