Manager, Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs
Situation in organization
Report to Sr. Director, Industrial Safety, Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs
Supervise 3 Product Safety Specialists and 1 Sr. Product Safety Specialist
In conjunction with each Business Unit for which the position is responsible (Bostik), manage activities to assure compliance with legal and corporate product safety and regulatory affairs requirements in a cost effective and efficient manner. Manage compliance and safety experts and consultants.
Key Activities and responsibilities
- Develop and implement product safety and regulatory affairs processes, programs, and systems [including, without limitation, composition databases, SDS and label systems, packaging programs, Pre-manufacture Notification (PMN), Low Volume Exemption (LVE), andBona Fideprocesses, global registration in Korea & Canada, Drug Master Files, etc.]for each Business Unit (BU) and ensure ongoing compliance with international, federal, state, local, and corporate product safety requirements for such BU products.
- Counsel and advise each BU in areas of product safety (including REACH, TSCA, FIFRA, FDA, OSHA Hazard Communication, Hazardous Materials Transportation), product regulatory affairs, product stewardship, and product risk management as such areas may impact the research, development, manufacture, marketing, sale, handling, transportation and advertising of the BU(s) products. -
- Manage the provision of timely and appropriate product safety and regulatory affairs responses to inquiries from customers, users, and agencies, and others regarding the BU products.
- Develop options, formulate solutions and provide guidance to execute plans and projects to solve product safety regulatory issues in a sustainable, sound, safe and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of emerging technical and regulatory issues pertaining to each BU and its products.
- Advise and conduct training for BU research and development, commercial and manufacturing personnel, andcustomers on product safety and regulatory affairs issues related to the BU products.
- Effectively advocate the Company's product safety and product stewardship positions with trade associations, government agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- As appropriate, direct, train, motivate and manage Bostik PS&RA team.
-Perform all other duties as specified by supervisor.
Context and environment
Required Education/Qualifications /Work experience
Demonstrated Competencies(Describe behaviors necessary for role)
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of 8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.