- Obtains proper paperwork and instructions from the supervisor and/or Logistics manager prior to the start of their shift.
- Keeps proper logs as required by state and federal regulations.
- Stays in constant contact with supervision and/or logistic manager in transit and upon reaching destination for further instructions.
- When truck is unavailable or not in use, will support warehouse operations as required by supervisor and/or logistic manager.
- Responsible for the safe and proper operation of company equipment in accordance with all safety rules and regulations, and for maintaining clean operating condition of the equipment (truck and trailers hygiene)
- Responsible for equipment daily pre and post trip inspections and the completion of all compliance and incident reporting documentation.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality on all matters involving the Shipping/Receiving Department and Sellars Corporation.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all plant and office personnel including a positive customer relation's approach towards all associates, visitors, customers and vendors
An individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily to successfully meet the requirements of this position. The information below is viewed as representative of the body of knowledge and physical attributes needed to be successful in this position.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Requires knowledge of DOT rules and safe driving history
- Must be familiar with the Milwaukee area
- Good written communication skills to complete necessary paperwork
Language and Teamwork Required
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills, and ability to deal with issues in a positive, complete manner.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Demonstrated capability to function within a cross functional team.
- Flexibility in work assignments.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, courtesy and tact in dealing with all members of the Sellars organization and external resources.
- Positive work attitude.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in tractor/trailer driving
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver License in good standing with ABD class and a current DOT medical card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and carry of up to 50 pounds.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors or driving.
- You'll be exposed to a physical, outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- Must be able to climb into and out of tractor frequently using 3 points of contact.
- Must be able to see and hear proficiently to operate a commercial motor vehicle in a safe manner
How we take care of you!
We frequently seek avenues to enhance our total rewards package as we recognize that our associates are a significant asset to our success and the community! All benefits are available to you from day one!
Medical insurance * Flex Spending Account * Dental * Vision * Voluntary Supplemental insurance * Employee Assistance Program * Short-term Disability * Long-term Disability * 401K (100% company match on the first 4% & total company match of 5%) * Employee Referral