Empowering people who build the future.
Category Manager - Position can sit in Gerdau millslocated in Midlothian, TX, Cartersville, GA, Charlotte, NC, Tampa, FL with 2-3 days of remote work.
Are you an innovativeperson who enjoys thinking outside of the box? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to plan, problem-solve, and negotiate? Are you looking for anenvironment that welcomes new ideas and promotes teamwork?Join us in our cultural and digital transformation to build the future and the.
A strong global presence with mini-mills that transform millions of metric tons of raw material to produce steel beams, flat-rolled steel, merchant bar, rebar, spikes, and wire used by the automotive industry, appliance, construction, machinery, and equipment industries.
A culture that welcomesdiversity, encourages innovation and creates products that serve humanity.
An environment that values teamwork, safety, and sustainability.
A commitment to continuous improvement and the belief that we can create a better future for our employees and our global community by investing in people, processes, and technology.
- A four-year degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of procurement experience with exposure in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in project management, strategic planning, performance management, contract negotiations, and working in cross-functional teams
- Previous experience in global sourcing initiatives, leading cross-functional teams, and SAP knowledge is required
- Working knowledge in the contemporary procurement process is required
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interactwith all levels of management
- Strong analytical and computer skills (MS Office Suite) are a must. Professional certification in Procurement or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
You willcoordinate and manage the strategic procurement process for assigned categories to ensure the cost-effective acquisition of Internal Industrial Servicesfor Gerdau North America. These activities include but are not limited to the development and execution of procurement strategies, bid process and negotiations, team-based supplier selection and development, and contract management.You will reportdirectly to the Manager, Commodities, and Service Corp for the assigned area of responsibility (i.e. Production Materials, MRO, Services, or CAPEX).
- Annual Spend Responsibility: $50M to $100M
- Number of locations: 9 Steel Mills
~25 Downstream and Recycling Locations
- Supervisory Responsibility: No direct reports
- Lead the development of procurement strategies for assigned categories at all levels (global & national), ensuring cost-effective results, and ethical procurement practices.
- Analyze category market attributes such as the number of suppliers, competitiveness, logistics, technology, criticality, market complexity, alternative products, etc.
- Engage internal customers to fully understand the impact of each category on the operation.
- Utilize market and business intelligence to effectively develop procurement strategies.
- Continuously gather and maintain pertinent key supplier and market intelligence for assigned categories, such as financial performance, business activities, negotiation history, cost drivers, and supplier performance in order to support effective decision making, negotiation planning, and to reduce supply chain risk.
- Negotiate, develop, and manage supply agreements for assigned categories.
- Lead the development of Requests for Quotations and Requests for Proposals.
- Effectively manage the competitive bid process.
- Analyze competitive bids and develop negotiation strategies.
- Negotiate and develop agreements for assigned categories.
- Identify opportunities to lower costs through negotiation strategy development and identifying product alternatives.
- Ensurecontracts are accurately initiated and maintained. This includes key information such as price, specifications, lead time, incoterms, etc.
- Effectively execute the supplier performance evaluation and development process with key stakeholders.
- Monitor supplier performance and engage key stakeholders for input.
- Periodically meet with suppliers to develop actions to improve supplier performance and/or capabilities.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify, plan, and execute continuous improvement opportunities to decrease the total cost of ownership.
- Annually meet with key stakeholders to identify areas for continuous improvement as it pertains to procurement.
- Facilitate the engagement of suppliers to assist in the action plan to improve the total cost of ownership.
- Stay engaged with business activities by attending routine meetings with key stakeholders.
- Respond promptly to internal customer needs.
- Participateand act as a facilitator on cross-functional teams (procurement and operations)
- Carry out company policies regarding procurement practices, standards, and ethical conduct to ensure a fair, effective, and competitive sourcing process throughout the organization.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures regarding the service delivery model and the strategic procurement process. Train procurement staff and non-procurement personnel on processes and procedures.
- Under the direction of senior procurement personnel, work with local and regional procurement and operations personnel to implement inventory policies for assigned categories.
- Competitive compensation with annual STI Bonuses.
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental,Vision Plans - Eligible upon 1stday of hire
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create