|2021-04-12-Systems Administrator, Networking and Virtualization
Specialty Systems, Inc. has an immediate openingfor a Networking and Virtualization Systems Administrator with the below described skills and experience to join our team of technical professionals supporting our Department of Defense customer at the Joint Base MDL-Lakehurst. Ideal candidates will have a broad set of technical skills supporting virtualization,multiple operating system platforms, and must be able to work both individually and within a team environment. As a member of our team you will be able to experience the professional satisfaction of playing a key role in ensuring that our Department of Defense customers' systems that have a direct impact on our country's war-fighting and peace-keeping capabilities are performing at optimal levels. This position is located at our customer site location at Joint Base MDL-Lakehurst. In this position, you will work our customer's Compressed Work Schedule which consists of working four 9 hour days (M-Th) and an 8 hour day (F) for the first week of a cycle followed by four 9 hour days (M-Th) and being off on the second Friday for the second week of a cycle. This results in a 3 day weekend every other week!
Job responsibilities will include:
- Configure and maintain virtual server environments with muliple operating systems.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, security and integrity of computer operating systems and supporting software.
- Maintaininginfrastructure providing specialized support and system administration of all facets of the virtual infrastructure and server administration.
- Providing technical support by evaluating and resolving Windows/Linux server, workstation and virtualization problems.
- Perform installation, setup, configuration, and administration of new and existing Windows/Linux Servers.
- Perform installation, setup, configuration, and administration of desktop computers.
- Perform Active Directory Administration.
- Set up new users including local admin accounts.
|Specialty Systems, Inc. is an Information Technology and Engineering Services provider serving customers across the Federal Government, NJ State and Local Governments, and private industry markets. Founded in 1978, our mission is to understand our customers' business problems and leverage emerging technologies to provide solutions that deliver radical and dramatic improvements in system operations and productivity. We facilitate a stimulating and creative work environment by engaging in ambitious and challenging projects while at the same time recognizing the need to have some fun via our monthly Thirsty Thursday gatherings, season tickets for the Phillies Class A Lakewood Blue Claws baseball games, annual company picnic and Softball Challenge, and our business casual dress policy.
Position Qualification Requirements:
Education, Certifications and Years of Experience:
- Must have at least 4years experience performing a majority of the system administration functions listed above. It is preferred that at least 1 year of this experience be on Department of Defense IT systems.
- A BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field is preferred. An additional 4 years of directly related work experience will be accepted as a substitution for the degree requirement for highly qualified individuals.
- Comptia Security+ certification (or the ability to obtain this certification within 30 days of hire) is required.
- Must have an active clearance at the Secret level with the ability to obtain a clear Single Scope Background Investigation. If no active clearance, must be able to obtain an interim secret level clearance within 4 weeks of submittal of clearance application.
- Solid Windows and Linux server administration experience: Includes installation, configuration, security and troubleshooting.
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementingvirtualized environments.
- Experience with configuring and deploying various virtualization technologies.
- Experience performing typical server administration tasks such as Active Directory updates, registry updates, managing domain controllers, maintaining Group Policies, managing user logons, monitoring server performance, managing backup and recovery processes.
- General experience management, configuration, patch managementand upkeep of virtualized environments.
Security Clearance Notice:
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
|This position has a salary range of between $80,000 and $120,000, based on the candidate's match to the skill and experience levels required.
|Toms River Office
|Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program Notice: EEO/AA Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veteran status/all protected classes/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualified, disabled applicants may request reasonable accommodation for any stage of the application/interview process. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-814-8138.
EEO is the Law poster- http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the law poster supplement- http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement- http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf