Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directly manage risk related programs and projects for one or more groups, within the line of business. Responsible to provide clear and accurate direction to the assigned business group as it relates to regulatory requirements, business risk policies, procedures, and programs. Develop, update and facilitate implementation of all business risk policies and procedures (excluding credit risk related matters) in order to minimize the organization's exposure to regulatory criticism, reputation and financial risk of loss. Provide support for the department through the identification and interpretation of the current banking and related financial services laws and regulations and any changes thereto. Responsible for identification and mitigation of risks. Acts as backup to the Business Line Risk Manager, supporting the established integrated Corporate Risk Management function, and assisting in the maintenance of highly effective risk management programs throughout the business line. Monitor and summarize new and revised regulations impacting the department and communicate changes to all applicable parties including, but not limited to, impacted business lines heads, Corporate Audit Services, and Corporate Risk Management. Work closely with management to ensure timely responses to regulatory changes impacting the department and manage tracking of the status of issues. Provide support in overall enterprise business risk management requirements, including the enforcement of established business risk policies and procedures. Represent the department in facilitating the enhancement of risk management processes and systems as required.
- Facilitate required corporate governance programs within LOB area in coordination with Corporate Risk Management representatives. Programs include Risk and Control Self Assessments, Third Party Management, Model Risk Management, DFAST, Operational Loss Data Capture, Business Change Risk Assessment, and other programs as needed.
- Contribute to the design and development of analytical reports that aggregate operational risks and track risk trends, and ensure that operational risk information is communicated to line managers responsible for managing risks in the area. Assist in and help ensure the effective and timely identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, and reporting of the LOB's risk profile and potential changes to it. Document analytical reports and business line risk procedures for evidentiary and training purposes.
- Partner with Regulatory Oversight to determine the impact of change in laws and regulations, and facilitate implementation of changes within the LOB as needed. Primary project manager for regulatory change management as well as strategic and special risk related projects outside of the PMO, providing project leadership and tactical support as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that prudent controls, procedures, and documentation is present and effective. Consult with management in the development of corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations. Facilitate discussions as needed to support the organizations change management programs and processes.
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise to corporate staff in the execution of periodic monitoring and special projects as needed. Participate in various bank initiatives providing subject matter expertise in assigned laws and regulations.
- Participate in audit and regulatory examination meetings, ensuring that appropriate materials are provided, recommendations are reasonable and responses are on target, and actions are implemented as agreed.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
- 4-7 years External/internal audit, regulatory compliance or regulatory examination experience. Required
- 7-10 years External/internal audit, regulatory compliance, regulatory examination or consumer law experience. Supervisory experience a plus. Preferred
- AP-Advanced Professional Certification , Preferred
Fully complies with all applicable enterprise policies and procedures. Acts in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in training materials, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for reporting suspicious activity to Financial Intelligence. Responsible to report all customer complaints as prescribed and procedure violations to management or HR. Responsible to report ethical concerns as needed to Associated's anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Associated Bank is committed to working diligently with any colleague who needs an accommodation perform the essential functions of the job. Please contact the Leaves & Accommodations office to request an accommodation.
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Associated") provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.