Work Schedule: Repeating 2-2-3 schedule working 6:45 pm - 7 am have off every other weekend!
Sellars started in 1985 in John Sellars’ basement and garage in Milwaukee, WI. Through hard work, dedication, tireless innovation, a commitment to quality, and above all its people, the company has transformed over the years from a small operation to a fully integrated manufacturer of disposable wipers, disposable shop towels and spill control products, with multiple facilities located in Milwaukee and its Pennsylvania operation, which the company acquired in 1999. As a company, Sellars is deeply committed to and passionate about the environment, as we have a unique green and sustainable story with recycled and renewable input materials leaving a small ecological footprint.
We are seeking Machine Operators who are enthusiastic, hardworking, and look forward to working on a state of the art proprietary processing machine.
Machine Operator Essential Duties
- Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work environment for themselves and fellow members of the production team. Responsible for following all company safety rules and guidelines.
- Continuously work as a hands-on operator
- Assist with equipment set-up, adjustment and operation
- Assist with change overs
- Process finished product
- Test quality of product
- Troubleshoot and repair basic mechanical malfunctions
- Demonstrate time management skills during downtime on machines by helping your teammates and looking for ways to improve a process.
- Exhibit a strong aptitude for training new employees.
Machine Operator Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience working in a continuous production process preferred
- Prior lift truck experience is a plus
- Ability to read a ruler required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively on a team
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Comfortable with heights up to 50 ft. and operating scissor and articulating lifts
- Must have an overhead reach of at least 84” while standing flat-footed.
- Ability to maintain a work schedule of 12.25 hour (rotating 2-2-3) shifts, including weekends, holidays and overtime
Machine Operator Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to constantly walk and stand for 12 hr shifts
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Work in hot environment during summer months
Benefits - Available on 1st Day of Employment!
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Educational Reimbursement
At Sellars you are able to connect with your co-workers, see firsthand the results of your work and be part of a stable, friendly, team-focused environment. For additional benefits information, please visit sellarsjobs.com