Perform routine and extensive preventive maintenance and repair on machinery and mechanical equipment and buildings. Work with outside contractors in electrical, HVAC, housekeeping and grounds care.
- Ensure that the production equipment is up and running, or is in the process of being repaired as quickly as is feasible
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program designed to minimize unscheduled down time
- Ensure that the company has the necessary parts and supplies to on hand to keep its equipment maintained and up and running
- Maintain, diagnose, trouble-shoot, and repair operating difficulties and problems with air compressors, paint pumps, paint guns, paint line trolleys, conveyors, exhaust fans, etc.
- Communicate problems and repair schedules to operating departments
- Perform operations to move, position, align, level and secure machines and equipment
- Improve equipment safety, quality and productivity
- Read and/or produce blueprints, machine drawings, schematics, etc
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Provide building and grounds maintenance as needed.
DESIRED WORK / SKILLS EXPERIENCE
- Five or more years experience in a manufacturing environment as a maintenance Technician
- Demonstrated ability to innovative solutions to manufacturing machinery problems that will keep the production equipment operating with minimum down time.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing
- Must have sufficient math skills to be able to measure and make the calculations that are necessary to effectively repair or fabricate the company's machinery and equipment
- Must be a highly organized person who can monitor numerous projects at once and who can prioritize the maintenance needs under any conditions.
- PLC, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical experience required
- Proficient in reading blueprints and schematics
- Ability to operate all types of tool room equipment for manufacturing of machinery parts
High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred
- Must have and wear protective gear designated for the Department and job.
- Must be able to stand for all or most of a regular work shift as well as reach, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work on hands and knees, as well as at heights and in confined spaces
- Must have own tools
- Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, and STD at first of month following 29 days
- 10 paid Holidays + 5 days paid vacation + 5 unpaid daysoff during first year
- Matching 401(k) retirement contribution