HOPE Christian Schools is seeking a strategic, dynamic, and passionate 6th-8th Grade Middle School Teachers. This is an exciting opportunity to set the vision and direction of a school within a larger network of high performing Christian schools. Our students work extremely hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. A qualified person who achieves these high standards for our students will need to exhibit a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child, and a belief that consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from a school leader is necessary for all.
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral standards.
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, Christ-like character and ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every student.
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans as part of a long-term Scope and Sequence aligned to the curricular goals of HOPE.
- Employ a variety of creative, differentiated, and research-based instructional strategies that ensure students are actively engaged in meaningful and rigorous learning experiences.
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential.
- Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines that align to school-wide values and policies.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand that teachers love them.
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Use an effective system for tracking student mastery of curricular objectives for each unit and throughout the school year.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a loving, rigorous, and safe environment across the entire school.
- Assume responsibility for every single scholar's success by holding all students accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by school leaders.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder.
- Serving Leader able to continually confront the brutal facts, inspire, equip, and support the school to achieve its mission.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and loving.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Willingness to attain WI Teacher Certification.