Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under limited supervision, assist residential loan officer(s) manage loan pipeline, ensure that the processing of loans within the pipeline are moving forward, and that all documentation is received and meets the expectations necessary for underwriting the loan. Ensure that clients, realtors and attorneys are kept fully apprised of the status of their loan application through exceptional client interaction. This position provides a full complement of support and related resources, including new business development support, to one or more mortgage loan originators.This position requires a credit check per 12 CFR Chapter X, Part 1026, Truth in Lending, Regulation Z.
- Assist in taking and entering/updating client data for loan application, loan documents and initiating the processing of the loan as requested by the loan originator(s).
- Manage all documentation received and requested from the client. Confirm and communicate to clients upon receipt of all acceptable documentation.
- Assist loan originator in marketing efforts including client database management. Schedule loan closings with all parties involved (customers, Realtors, builders, loan settlement agents). Discuss banking product and service options with borrowers to help with cross-sell. Coordinate home equity/HELOC to facilitate smooth first mortgage transaction. Ensure loan commitments in the loan origination system align loan file documentation and are accurate. Track appraisals to ensure movement forward and delivered in a timely manner. Upon appraisal approval ensure all necessary updates are made including re-disclose as appropriate. Perform status check of loan files when loan officers are unavailable; for example, moving loans to closing status, requesting exceptions, to ensure loans are moving forward to closing.
- Ensure full understanding and status of each loan in the loan originator(s) pipeline.
- Ensure each client is fully aware of their loan status. Excellent customer service and regular communication with clients.
- Ensure that 3rd parties (Realtors, attorneys, etc.) are kept up to date on the loan status as appropriate.
- Ensure each loan is fully documented and run through Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriting correctly per regulations, including income calculations. Files should be completed and sent to loan processing in a condition that ensures timely loan approval without conditions.
- Answer and direct phone calls coming into the office.
- Monitor internal reports to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, Finance, or related field Required
- 2-4 years Customer service and/or administrative background. Required
Fully complies with all applicable enterprise policies and procedures. Acts in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in training materials, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for reporting suspicious activity to Financial Intelligence. Responsible to report all customer complaints as prescribed and procedure violations to management or HR. Responsible to report ethical concerns as needed to Associated's anonymous Ethics Hotline.Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Associated Bank is committed to working diligently with any colleague who needs an accommodation perform the essential functions of the job. Please contact the Leaves & Accommodations office to request an accommodation.
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Associated") provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.