Ovation Jewish Home is located 1 mile north of Summerfest grounds. Our beautiful building overlooks Lake Michigan. Our warm friendly home like environment encompasses you when you walk through the door. The Jewish Home and Care Center is a non-profit group in the senior living industry. As part of Ovation Communities, we have been serving the people of the Greater Milwaukee area for over 100 years. These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, continuous quality improvement efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun.
·Performs repairs, maintains equipment, daily work requests
·Performs Maintenance functions as required per Federal, State, Local,
·Rotations required to work:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.):
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Maintain inventory control and obtain part numbers and quantities for supplies and equipment and services for supervisor to obtain.
- Maintain records as required by company policies and procedures.
- Perform various tests, inspections and work as required by Department, Administrative, and Local, State and/or Federal governing bodies and update records of same.
- Available for on call responsibility as determined by the schedule.
- Fill in for other staff as needed during absences, vacations etc.
- Prepare resident living quarters upon vacancy, move-in, or transfers.
- Maintain and repair equipment, lighting, plumbing and other systems throughout the facility.
- Understanding and operation of various building systems such as Fire Alarm, HVAC, Telephone, Security etc., including monitoring of HVAC controls nights, weekends, extreme weather to insure comfort and safety of occupants.
- Responsible for assigned tasks of preventive maintenance and other department programs to reduce or eliminate downtimes and provide a safe, pleasant campus for our residents, the families, the staff and administration.
- Responsible for daily completion of work requests, snow removal if needed, pool care, building rounds etc.
- Maintaining of tools and equipment to promote safety and proper work habits by staff.
- Attend staff meetings, in-services and other campus activities as needed.
- Attend work as scheduled with flexibility of hours as needed.
- Comply with policies, procedures and operating standards of the facilities.
- Comply with the Laws, regulations and guidelines governing the facilities, including the resident bill of rights.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Entry Level 1+ years of experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required to allow for timely on call response 24/7/365
EOE: We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.