MWI Animal Health, the foundation of AmerisourceBergen's Animal Health division, understands that the health of animals and humans are intrinsically linked. We source and distribute pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, and supplies for both the companion animal and livestock markets. We have a diverse workforce who have a strong passion for what we do: We are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
For the State of Colorado, average salary:$138,900 - $194,600
What you will be doing
The Vice President, Product Development Strategy drives the product strategy for value added products, services and technologies, ensuring the organization is maximizing margins and meeting business growth objectives. Responsibility for defining the strategy and roadmap includes; prioritizing features, setting pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals while maintaining budget to ensure success, coordinating product implementation and interaction with a broad range of stakeholders and departments to ensure product success. The incumbent will collaborate with internal partners in sales, product development, supply chain and marketing, in designing, planning, forecasting, launching and production of products, services and technologies at all stages of the product lifecycle.
This role will be responsible for providing expertise and insights into new opportunities based on market research and analysis in addition to leveraging industry and adjacent relationships that foster innovation.
- Evaluate data and insights for comprehensive strategy planning, in conjunction with business leads, identifying value propositions for products, services and technologies, to achieve business growth goals
- Meet with customers and collaborate with internal stakeholders to harvest insights, leverage internal stakeholder expertise, and sales feedback to translate business needs into a comprehensive product strategy with prioritized market requirements and a strong business case for product opportunities
- Work closely with customers to deeply understand their needs and anticipate market developments.
- Deliver the strategic product roadmap while constantly reprioritizing projects based on key objectives and goals.
- Ensure products and product portfolio align with company goals
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and business opportunities
- Communicate the product strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive launch and commercialization activities to include marketing, pricing, and training of the salesforces to reduce selling cycle time and increase customer conversions.
- Monitor health of product portfolio to include adoption, technical and operational performance, quality, revenue and profitability
- Develop financial profile for products to include expense and revenue projections and analyze business metrics collected at the financial and project levels to verify objectives are progressing as planned, and direct additional actions to be taken when problems or risks are identified.
- Monitor industry and regulatory trends to inform product strategy and prioritization
- Provide deep industry/competitive understanding to the leadership team by maintaining awareness of the changing competitive landscape, including global developments as appropriate, and develop strategies and tactics to address competitive risks and maximize product advantages throughout the product life cycle.
- In addition to Product Owners, serve as a product SME to sales and account management teams in standard deal pursuits, as applicable.
- Drive execution of non-standard deal pursuits that require product innovation/customization, as applicable.
- Develop pilot phase project plans, key performance metrics and establishes commercial rollout terms
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- 10+ years of progressive work experience, including 7 or more years managing complex projects and at least 5 years of leadership experience.
- Experience shaping products from a strategic level with a deep understanding of tactical technical realities.
- Proven ability and desire to engage with customers, get to root understanding of their needs, and translate those needs clearly and articulately into the Product development process.
- Outstanding communication skills up, down, and across the organization.
- Exceptional strategic, visionary, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts.
- Strong interest in and bias toward novel technologies and solutions that create new market opportunities for customers and the company.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is highly desired.
- Previous project management experience and exposure to Global Commercialization and Animal Health businesses is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Experience and proven track record in new product/service launches
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively conveys complex information and ideas to all levels of the enterprise.
- Able to influence strategic decisions through effective communication methods.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more...
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Idaho-Boise
3041 W. Pasadena Dr
Other LocationsUnited States-Iowa-Remote, United States-Kentucky-Remote, United States-Alabama-Remote, United States-Vermont-Remote, United States-South Dakota-Remote, United States-North Carolina-Remote, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-Texas-Remote, United States-Connecticut-Remote, United States-Tennessee-Remote, United States-Colorado-Remote, United States-New York-Remote, United States-District of Columbia-Remote, United States-New Jersey-Remote, United States-Missouri-Remote, United States-Oklahoma-Remote, United States-Oregon-Remote, United States-Nebraska-Remote, United States-Louisiana-Remote, United States-Georgia-Remote, United States-Washington-Remote, United States-Massachusetts-Remote, United States-New Mexico-Remote, United States-Montana-Remote, United States-Indiana-Remote, United States-Wisconsin-Remote, United States-Kansas-Remote, United States-Arizona-Remote, United States-West Virginia-Remote, United States-Rhode Island-Remote, United States-Ohio-Remote, United States-Wyoming-Remote, United States-Virginia-Remote, United States-Idaho-Remote, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Illinois-Remote, United States-Mississippi-Remote, United States-Nevada-Remote, United States-South Carolina-Remote, United States-Arkansas-Remote, United States-Maine-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Remote, United States-Utah-Remote, United States-California-Remote, United States-North Dakota-Remote, United States-New Hampshire-Remote, United States-Delaware-Remote, United States-Maryland-Remote, United States-Florida-Remote
OrganizationAcquisition - MWI
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran