JOB TITLE: Technical Writer/Analyst
The Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) supports the needs and solutions process to ensure the DoD Test & Evaluation community has the right set of capabilities for the future.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) by providing profession writing and documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in in a field related to Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, Public Administration, Legislative Affairs
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and advising on communications strategies, to include focused messaging to specific audiences
- Experience in the development, drafting, editing, publishing, distribution, coordination of various communication deliverables, to include information papers, guidance memoranda, policies, technical reports, congressional reports, annual reports, responses to media inquiries, briefings, and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and elicit information from engineers and other technical subject matter experts, locate primary sources, synthesize disparate data points into a focused message, and communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team
- Willingness to work on all aspects of team priorities
- Ability to work with a wide range of contributors, to include engineers, subject matter experts, functional teams, and senior leadership
- Experience tracking team progress to plan
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including copy editing experience
- Ability to design and produce high-quality products and documents
- Ability to follow prescribed style sheets and other document formatting guidance
- Impeccable professional writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in a field related to Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, Public Administration, Legislative Affairs
- Technical/scientific journalism or general journalism experience
- Experience working with the media, to include writing press releases
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) or technical area experience
- Department of Defense experience
- Familiarity with DoD writing styles as contained in DoD Manual 5110.04-M, Volume 1, DoD Manual for Written Material: Correspondence Management and DoD 5110.04-M, Volume 2, DoD Manual for Written Material: Examples and Reference Material
- Familiarity with the DoD public release process
- Knowledge of and experience with the think tank and academic communities
- Congressional Staffer / Hill experience a plus
WORK LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
KEY WORDS: #MON
WBB is a professional services and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer's toughest problems. For more than 40 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company's hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military, and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.