US WI Sheboygan
Assist in efficient and reliable operation of the maintenance department.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
* Work independently with little supervision or assistance.
* Perform hands-on equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of plant equipment.
* Shares duties as an active member on the Safety Committee.
* Ensures hazardous and non-hazardous wastes generated during equipment cleaning for maintenance repairs are properly handled.
* Work with and help guide Class B Mechanic to effectively perform site maintenance.
* Assist in (Leak detection and repair) LDAR program, including maintaining the equipment, as directed by Lead Tech.
* Competent with performing millwright, pipefitting, welding, and plumbing jobs.
* Assist the Lead Tech to update and maintain written maintenance procedures.
* Perform work orders and inspections as defined in the preventive maintenance (PM) programs and keep up to date records of these activities in the PM database.
* Maintain inventory of essential maintenance materials and critical equipment spare parts.
* Maintain SAP work order flow, processing, and completion.
* Maintain plant vehicles and mobile equipment.
* Responsible for general housekeeping in the maintenance shop and boiler room.
* Work with contractors as needed during maintenance activities.
* Share equally in off shift call out coverage for maintenance department based on pre-determined schedule.
* Participates on investigations teams as needed for safety, quality, or environmental incidents.
* Self-directed in performing assigned duties.
* Other duties as required by Lead Technician.
Focus on the Customer:
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test , submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.