TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Health, Safety & Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our Philadelphia, PA EHS, Engineering, Construction, and Remediation team. This successful candidate will provide general on-site health, safety and environmental (HSE) support for industrial clients located New Jersey/Eastern, Pennsylvania region (primarily Philadelphia short term). We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a growing and high performing team.
Our Health, Safety & Environmental Compliance Specialists:
- Provide on-site health, safety and environmental (HSE) compliance support services at industrial client facilities, acting as the primary HSE resource;
- Interface directly with facility Operations and Compliance personnel;
- Support the development and implementation of various programs including the Chemical Hygiene Plan, Biological Safety Manual, Radiation Safety, Bloodborne Pathogen Program, Contractor Safety Program, Ergonomics Program, Incident Reporting and Recordkeeping and various waste management programs;
- Work closely with laboratory personnel and coordinate directly with facility employees and contractors;
- Conduct employee safety training and safety inspections (fire extinguisher, first aid kit, shelter in place kit, etc.);
- Review and update HSE operating procedures;
- Complete HSE reviews and hazard analyses;
- Respond to employee questions regarding health and safety concerns;
- Perform Hazardous waste inspections;
- Create incident reports, perform qualitative exposure assessment, collect industrial hygiene data and schedule/manage contractors for various HSE projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial safety or environmental science;
- Four (4) to seven (7) years of experience in Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) compliance;
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and federal Health, Safety and Environmental regulations;
- Experience independently managing project tasks (field and office);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must be willing and able to travel.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not mandatory:
- Radiation Safety experience;
- Previous experience performing HSE compliance work for pharmaceutical companies;
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification).
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled