POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
Under direction of the Quality Control Manager, the incumbent will be required to assist in the Quality Control program and provide assistance for the daily maintenance operation and activities within the assigned facility or designated areas.
- Monitor and participate in operations including inspecting projects.
- Recommend improvements to the specifications and modify as required.
- Interacts and interfaces professionally with the Client Quality Control Representatives, Safety Officer, Quality Assurance Inspectors, and facility occupants, as well as contractors, venders and corporate staff members, maintaining an effective working relationship that supports the Alutiiq management team to meet the Client's objectives.
- Knowledgeable of and comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, and all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Responsible for compliance issues as they apply to the functional operation of this contract.
- Implement and maintain the Quality Control (QC) Plan that is tailored to the contract and encompasses all facets of the operation.
- Inspect work in progress and any finished work for discrepancies in accordance with the QC and Safety Plans, and contract requirements.
- Conduct Inspections of the entire contract functions to ensure compliance with the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Identify unsatisfactory trends or repetitive discrepancies and present clear, concise, and appropriate recommendations to improve workflow or techniques that will enhance efficiency, quality and safety.
- Complete necessary inspection reports and documentation required to support findings.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and environmentally compliant workplace.
- Keep Supervisors apprised of unique situations and problems encountered.
- Position is on-call and will require 0-20 hours a month.
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.