Better jobs for a better world!
Position: Plant Manager
Why Join Our Team:
We are a team who is committed to continuous growth and success through hard work, dedication, tireless innovation, and a commitment to quality. We offer many opportunities for career development because our talented associates embrace unique challenges in a demanding market! You will enjoy working in a positive work environment formed on mutual respect and professionalism. At Sellars you can connect with your co-workers, see first- hand the results of your work and be part of a stable, friendly, team-focused environment.
Who We Want:
We are hiring for a highly experienced Plant Manager to manage our 24 hour operation. The ideal candidate must exhibit strong leadership skills and be proficient in Lean Tools. This is a hands-on role, you will be responsible for day to day operations with our production staff, leading the team to strong results! In addition to strategic planning and execution of long-term improvement.
What You Need to Have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Manufacturing/Industrial Management or related field.
* Ten (10) years of related experience with five (5) years of leadership experience. Preferably in a converting environment.
* Capability to lead and work with teams and develop improvement plans (standards, objectives, goals, and action plans) in a way that gains team commitment towards achievement.
* The ability to clearly assess the key aspects of a successful operation and develop and implement systems and procedures to meet those requirements.
* Excellent communication and coaching skills with the capability to confront and deal with issues in a positive, complete manner and being able to discipline as necessary following company policy.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve (identify problem, define root cause, develop alternative solutions and select and implement most effective solution).
How you contribute as a team member:
* Provide overall leadership and direction to converting production and maintenance teams in order to meet or exceed key metrics as defined by the business.
* Continuously monitor and exhibit concern for employee safety, taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions and taking immediate correct action for unsafe behavior, including using disciplinary action.
* Support a culture where quality is a priority, producing products to specification, working with the quality department, and being an advocate for meeting customer's expectations.
* Proactively identify capital investment opportunities and needs with positive ROIs. Investigate options and acting within the scope of your authority, create capital requests and manage ongoing capital projects.
* Develop capability of team members in order to better problem solve, make sound judgments as well as working to advance their knowledge and abilities.
* Develop, review and implement annual Objectives, Goals, and Action Plans (OGAP) that drive improved customer satisfaction and continuous improvement in areas of safety quality, productivity, cost reduction, and budgeting.
How we take care of you!
We frequently seek avenues to enhance our total rewards package as we recognize that our associates are a significant asset to our success and the community! All benefits are available to you from day one!
Medical insurance * Flex Spending Account * Dental * Vision * Voluntary Supplemental insurance * Employee Assistance Program * Short-term Disability * Long-term Disability * 401K (100% company match on the first 4% & total company match of 5%) * Employee Referral