The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment. Mars uniquely refers to this environment as the A-to-V CommerceSM space, which incorporates everything from Autonomous to Voice commerce.
Mars, proud of its independence and growth-for-clients focus, operates internationally across the Americas, Europe and Asia through its network of 12 offices.
We're looking for a Director of Commerce Media - Drug/Dollar/Convenience to help our clients navigate the dynamic, fast-changing retail media landscape. The ideal candidate is a versatile media expert who specializes in building and advising on media strategies and plans for CPG brands at Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General and key C-Store retailers. Utilizing your deep knowledge and experience of those retailers' omnichannel media ecosystems - in-store, direct and digital, on- and off-platform, owned and 3rd party tactics - this person will be responsible for the agency practice of integrating the appropriate vehicles to deliver engaging shopper experiences that drive conversion and ROI for our clients.
The Director will:
* Lead media strategies & own media solutions
* Lead the development of insight-backed media strategies for the agency's CPG clients at Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General and key C-Store retailers
* Utilize, and be the expert, in our proprietary MarilynTM Predictive Commerce Intelligence platform, MRI and other relevant vendor tools
* Manage and update our proprietary Commerce Database for Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General and key C-Store retailers
* Coach, partner and mentor
* Advise & partner with our Customer Development team on best-in-class media plan development
* Provide day-to-day leadership and mentoring to our Customer Development team for media strategy, plan building, optimization, measurement, and ROI
* Own vendor relationships
* Manage vendor relationships, including responsibility for helping team obtain relevant estimates, RFPs, favorable rates, value-adds, and information about new products & services ensuring Mars and our clients are first to market with new test and learn opportunities.
* Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with WAG, CMX, DG Media Network and other relevant media platforms, staying informed of new offers and ways of working to ensure Mars and its clients are best-in-class partners/customers
* Educate, train and mentor Mars team on vendors and their tactics
* Be the go-to expert in market and collaborate across the agency (HQ and field)
* Keep up to date with, and vet, emerging platforms, shopper media vendors and innovation trends specific to Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General and key C-Store retailers, and regularly share new opportunities with our clients
* Develop and publish POVs internally and for our clients on the value of different media vehicles as applied to Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General and key C-Store retailers
* Partner with the other Commerce Media Directors (Target, Walmart, Kroger, etc.) and the agency's HQ National Media team to share learnings and best practices, and define and track performance of retailer vehicles generally (e.g. on-site display, loyalty programs/emails, in-store radio, sampling) and when compared to national vehicles
* Work closely with the Performance Targeting & Analytics team to support our Customer Development team in best-in-class delivery of campaign reporting, insights and recaps
* Deliver periodic overviews, learnings & POVs on what is working, what isn't and why to help define and continuously improve our media strategy product and service offerings
* Create training and real-time coaching on best-in-class engagement strategy at Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General and key C-Store retailers (in collaboration with Strategic Planning and Creative)
What you bring to us:
* Experience & expertise doing media strategy, tactical planning and vendor management in the discipline of retail/shopper marketing, within an agency, retailer's media organization or CPG's trade or customer marketing department; 10+ years preferred, but not required
* Current knowledge of Shopper Marketing (digital & traditional) at Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General or key C-Store retailers; prior experience working directly for or with Walgreens or WAG, CVS or CMX, Dollar General or DG Media Network, or key C-Store retailers or their media platforms is strongly preferred
* Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, or related media field
* Strategic thinker in the development of Shopper Marketing programs and management of day- to-day business
* Adept at analyzing results, synthesizing data, drawing out insights & implications, and developing insightful and actionable recommendations; experience using tools & platforms such as Simmons, MRI, Kantar or equivalent preferred
* Sound decision making skills based in agency, client, and industry knowledge
* Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
* Passion about business and dissatisfaction with status quo - always thinking of ways to improve and grow
* Confident presenter and clear, persuasive communicator (verbal and written) of complex data/details
* A collaborative approach to teamwork and problem solving
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.