At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Manager / Senior Manager Private Markets to join our Business Tax Services practice.
* Serve as the trusted advisor to family offices on strategic, operational, and financial matters
* Direct tax compliance and consulting services for multi-generational family and private-equity backed businesses through to owner-managed and fast-growing start-ups; Provide analyses of financial, gift, estate, and income tax issues for ultra-high net-worth individuals and families
* Establish meaningful rapport with sophisticated clients to gain their confidence, gaining an intimate knowledge of their lives / objectives so as to be able to anticipate their needs and respond quickly to demanding clients' various requests
* Build, manage, direct, and monitor multiple client engagements teams while maintaining active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations and help ensure client satisfaction
* Lead, participate in and contribute to market and business development activities external to the firm; including identifying and pursuing new potential client service opportunities by collaborating with KPMG's Audit and Advisory practices
* Contribute to the growth, experience, and institutional knowledge of the Closely Held Business/Family Office tax practice team members
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
* Play a key role in growing KPMG's Closely Held Business/Family Office tax practice, both locally and on a national level
* Minimum of five years of focused high net worth individual, flow-through entity and family office tax experience in an accounting firm, organization, and/or law firm
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and licensed CPA or J.D. /LL.M.
* Experience leading multiple engagements and client service teams as well as developing and mentoring staff within a collaborative team environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
* Minimum of eight years of focused high net worth individual, flow-through entity and family office tax experience in an accounting firm, organization, and/or law firm
* Demonstrated track record of business development with the ability to develop and maintain existing internal and external client relationships and help build new relationships with key targets
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.